Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: 35 Rem gets it done

Boolit Man

35 Rem gets it done

I hunted opening morning of NC rifle season only seeing 3 does. Checked cameras and had a ground blind that was getting hit pretty hard on the corn. My 16 year old son stayed out of school for some reason (unknown to me). I put him in the ground blind about 3:45 with my Marlin 336 pre-safety stoked with some RCBS 200 gr RNFP (cast with coww). After 20 min he had 5 does come in(we do not get any either sex rifle days in the western end of NC). He waited patiently until a spike walked out. He had to wait for him to clear a small tree and let one fly. He hit it from 20 yds forward on the left shoulder and it exited the neck on the right side. DRT - never took a step. He immediately texted me "buck down". I was actually sitting on my parents front porch and heard the shot. I was very proud of him to say the least. First cast kill for my Marlin, no recovery but did the job.

I love the cast boolit shooting and am glad the Marlin has now put meat in the freezer (buck weighed 122 lbs live weight on NC wildlife scales).

Cool beans, Now find out why he skipped school

What powder charge did you use?
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master

Nicely done by your 16 year old. Glad the old Marlin came through for you. Mine has done the same with the same boolit.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Very nice!
    Michael

Boolit Master

Tell your boy, good work! I hunt a maximum season county and have had trouble even seeing a doe to shoot at. Are you seeing any pigs up your way? We saw several rooted up road shoulders last time we were in the Smokies...

Excellent work by your son , our kids are the future of hunting and shooting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master

He skipped school to connect at 4PM? Could have done both!
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    What powder charge did you use?
    36.0 gr of IMR 3031

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    Tell your boy, good work! I hunt a maximum season county and have had trouble even seeing a doe to shoot at. Are you seeing any pigs up your way? We saw several rooted up road shoulders last time we were in the Smokies...
    I never see any pigs deer hunting. When they took "pigs" off the big game list, locals put a hurting on them with dogs. I am in Cherokee Co (5 min from GA and 10 min from TN). I hear the parkway is eat up with pigs.