WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracks mink oil lube , no joy for me !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampwalker View Post
    I'm still very much a noob in the bp world but what I've found is that mink oil works great if used sparingly. I had similar issues in my .54 renegade when I pre lubed patches by melting it and soaking them. Terrible loading. Now I rub a small amount on each side of a patch then rub it in between two dry patches. I get little to no oil ring when I load and half a dozen shots before I need to swab. I'm using pyrodex rs and about to switch to 777 fffg as that was on sale and I have heard it fouls less. I'm still looking for real black but have yet to find anyone that carries it. 90 grains ffg .015 cotton patched rb is what I've been using so far.Attachment 232057
    Look no further than the internet ,Graffs/Powder inc are two I buy BP from and you can buy in small quantities /PS it does not go bad Ed

Boolit Master
    All B/P side-locks have there quirks.

It appears yours OP has to do with its preferred Patching lube.
    I have used this Track product for years in Northern MN in its extremely cold weather. As that is what Mink Lube was designed for. To be honest. I have little ambition in any weather to slobber up a dirty old patch before its shooting. Perhaps appropriate for our ancestors. "Not something I care to do."
    Don't know if my T/c Hawken has shallow groove or a deep groove rifling. I'm actually more concerned with {it shoots when I pull its trigger}
    Never incurred the problem you mentioned OP in the cold. Although I have in Hot weather very occasionally when {fun & giggles} shooting.

Spring & Fall patching lube? My preference. I simply buy a tub of OX-Yoke Patch Lube. __T/c Bore Butter. No thanks I'll pass on that stinky stuff.
    Summer time lube preference? For the time being: Shenandoah Patching Lubricant seems to do what its advertised to do. Reason being: I don't like having a too deal with "greasy_waxy melting patching lubes.

BTW: I'm not of the crowd that blends or makes his preferred patching lube. TOTW and Cabelas are both 20 minuets away from me by Freeways as its fun to check on. Perhaps try. What's new and going on every now and then. So~~ hopefully I answered your question RU shooter.

Well I'm gonna give it one last chance tomorrow as our season starts day after Christmas this time I'm gonna use the bare minimum on a patch and try 3F powder as my gun generally shoots better and cleaner compared to 2F .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12