RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Ordered From New Sponsor Repackbox. Had A Problem And A Review Of Product.

Boolit Grand Master

Ordered From New Sponsor Repackbox. Had A Problem And A Review Of Product.

I tried out our new sponsor Repackbox a few weeks ago by ordering a sample of 45lc and 357 Mag boxes. 7 days went by (5 business) and I didn't get a shipping notice so I emailed them. The next morning I got a reply saying they dropped the ball but would get it out that day and were throwing in a plastic loading tray of each caliber free of charge. I got a shipping notice that afternoon and 2 days later it was at my door.

Well done, Repackbox!

So, how was the product? The paper the boxes are made of is like poster board but 50% or so thicker being smooth on one side and rougher on the inside part. Comparing it to a standard commercial ammunition box like Remington or Federal shows it to be thicker and more sturdy. Thick enough to reuse the boxes several times. The cuts are very clean with folds where you need to do it clearly visible. The supplied instructions are not really needed but are quite clear on how to do it. If you can put a USPS SFRB together you can put one of these together. The caliber is printed in large black letters with the number of rounds in smaller letters. An empty box underneath the caliber is large enough to write in the load information or use a sticker/masking tape which could be peeled off the smooth paper and replaced.

The loading trays work quite well. Load it up, put the box over the ammo and turn it upside down. Fold the top in and that's it. When the top flap is folded in the box is very secure and with reasonable handling won't pop open. A few pieces of masking tape could hold it tighter for transport if required. These take up quite a bit less space than plastic box's and can be unfolded flat for storage.

This is as great product for ammo storage in your safe or on the shelf and I will be ordering more.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Nice review jonp. Looks like something for the Christmas list.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

I saw JONP's review so I thought I'd give Repackbox a try and I'm not disappointed! The ammo boxes are clean heavy weight paper and well made. I highly recommend using the plastic ammo loader to fill the boxes it will save a lot of frustration getting the cartridge's inserted in the right order. They also carry brown cardboard boxes made for #10 cans for you prepper types! They have single can boxes and more important to me 4 can to a case boxes! I talked to Roger on the phone and you can tell he genuine cares about his customers. A big THUMBS UP!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master

I got some of their 12ga boxes. They hold 10 rounds and really stack nicely on the shelf. The only problem I had was that shipping was as much as the boxes. I need to find a "sweet spot" when ordering from them. I definitely want to try other sizes.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Been using their products for years. Only charges for actual shipping. Got a refund check for $27 when I received my black Friday order.

I purchased a few sample packs, but have yet to do anything with them as they are at home and I'm not.