Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winchester Chambering Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    This is funny. Just last night I finished tinkering with my buddy's 94. Same problem but I found a solution by (after taking it all apart) filing and polishing the things on the sides (interior) of the elevator. They are held in place with a screw that is just about impossible to reach. With the spring loading door removed, you can just about reach the one side. The head of one of the screws was proud and the cartridge would drag as it started it's trip toward the chamber. The ends of each screw were as they should be, exposed to the slab sides exterior, so I just filed the interior and polished enough material away so to as allow an unencumbered trip for the cartridge. It works!
    Alot of problems can happen. My rifle is quite old so issues start occurring after a few years I imagine.

Boolit Master

GEEZ,

My Buddy has one made in 1889, we had no functioning problems at all, and it may be in worse shape then yours.

You are right about taking them down and putting them back together, We planned for an hour on a Saturday after a Cowboy Match.
    Started about 1550hrs, finished about 1700hrs. Two Saturdays later. About 20hrs all told.

Just don't use necked down starline brass, way too hard, since they don't anneal it before they sell it. TOO thick also. Had to turn down the necks. Decided against it as it would cost about $500 for the tools (1999).

Just bought Bertrem from Buffalo Arms, still using the same 100 cases, got 2 boxes of TEN-X and 2 boxes from a single run PMC made.

Haven't lost a single case from any of them.

And the starline .45-2.6 brass, sold 97 cases for $15 then we paid for 100.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    GEEZ,

My Buddy has one made in 1889, we had no functioning problems at all, and it may be in worse shape then yours.

You are right about taking them down and putting them back together, We planned for an hour on a Saturday after a Cowboy Match.
    Started about 1550hrs, finished about 1700hrs. Two Saturdays later. About 20hrs all told.

Just don't use necked down starline brass, way too hard, since they don't anneal it before they sell it. TOO thick also. Had to turn down the necks. Decided against it as it would cost about $500 for the tools (1999).

Just bought Bertrem from Buffalo Arms, still using the same 100 cases, got 2 boxes of TEN-X and 2 boxes from a single run PMC made.

Haven't lost a single case from any of them.

And the starline .45-2.6 brass, sold 97 cases for $15 then we paid for 100.
    It actually costs 10 dollars to turn cases down. I only needed to buy a lee 3-jaw chuck and turned them down myself.
    I only have starline brass. I bought loaded cartridges from Buffalo arms and GAD customs years ago. I heard people say that if you anneal 45-70 cases they become longed when you neck them down so they are an option instead of buying 45-90 cases. Im not sure if its true though...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123