WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 338 shooters??

Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    A word of warning about old 721's, check to see if the extractor works before you dump too much money into it. 721 replacement extractors aren't available, and it takes a fair amount of money to remedy the situation if you get a bad one. Ask me how I know.
    I've quit doing Sako extractors on those and switched to ptg's mini-16. It works a lot better and can't blow out. Pretty much the same thing as what new Howas come with.
    As for the 338-06, I'm another believer. I had Norm Johnson rebore my rotted out 1903 barrel to 1:15 twist and shoot a paper patched bullet Accurate made for me, 210 grains. It's plenty accurate and would be fine for hunting pretty much anything.

.338-06 A.I., Win. Mdl 70 27" 1-10' Benchmark barrel, H-S Precision stock,pillard,glass bedded,Werner bottom metal,Timney trigger. 250 gr. Hornady Spirepoint 50 grs. of Varget. Antelope was shot @523 yds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deck233.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Well now my works cut out for me - The latest addition has a nice shinny 4 groove.
    Now to let the weather improve and get to the range for some testing.
    I'll clean and measure the 4 groove in the mourning and load some test stuff and see
    who gets sent of for the face lift.

Boolit Buddy
    You'll love that cartridge. I had Jess rebore a perfectly good, brand new in fact, Remington Model 700 a number of years ago. I opted for the Improved version.

Quote Originally Posted by C-dubb View Post
    I always wanted to convert a 1895 Winchester (New one, not an antique) into a .338-06. I don't see why it wouldn't work and that would be a cool gun.
    Also, took a perfectly good, also new '95 in 270, and had The late Richard Nickel rebore it, but into a 35 Whelen. It did work and "is" a cool gun!
    Crash87
    "An art, to supply a truthful response to someones nagging, busy bodied question(s) such that the person feels as though their question has been answered, but yet, do not understand the answer and are unable to provide a follow up question to gain clarification for fear of appearing to be a dumb ***, when basically having to repeat the question

"LIBERALS ARE ALOT LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12