MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who had the worst Thanksgiving meal?

Boolit Master

Who had the worst Thanksgiving meal?

I did.

My parents are wintering in Yuma. My brother went to his new wife's family Thanksgiving dinner. My daughter is in Japan with my grandkids, and my son spent it with his fiancé's family.

And I had to work a 12-hr shift. Plus I've been doing the low carb diet for the past month and a half.

So my Thanksgiving dinner was a 2-day old store-bought chef's salad, a can of pickled beets, and a small bag of habanero-flavored almonds from the vending machine. And half the salad was wilted.

But I have lost around 25lbs since October 15th.

Who else had a horrible and pitiful Thanksgiving dinner?
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

I was sick yesterday.
    Might eat something later.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I was sick yesterday.
    Might eat something later.
    Dang, I think you beat me...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Super Moderator Emeritus
    We stood in line 3 hours and had worst food ever seen served. Dried out turkey. Went to a cracker barrel and will never go to that one again.

Boolit Master
    I found part of that 25 pounds you lost yesterday at the dinner table . WOW that's some pretty serous weight loss 5 pounds a week ..be safe

Boolit Buddy

No competition from me, I had a gas station sandwich and a bag of chips. 14 hour shift @ 911 last night
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Stomach was a bit upset so I just had a couple turkey hot dogs in some Ramen Noodle soup; Not the best Thanksgiving meal I've ever had. Tonight I'll feed a LOT better though

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    SNIP...

So my Thanksgiving dinner was a 2-day old store-bought chef's salad,

...And half the salad was wilted.
    I hope there wasn't any Romaine Lettuce in that salad

I am blessed to be continually invited to my Daughter's side of the family for most Holidays, Her Mom is a great cook...Turkey, and ham and all the trimmings.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I'm thinking to myself, if that's what your eating its no wonder your loosing so much weight. Although I do like me some habanaro almonds every once in a while.
    I sure do hope things get better in the food department for you.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master

Never got near the turkey, dressing, etc. yesterday, but at Cumberland Falls State Park in southern Ky. they had a great buffet. My choice was some well done beef along with a few veggies, preceded by a great salad. Like Idaho45guy, I've lost about 30 lbs in the last few years because of diabetes and staying away from anything with sugar. However, after yesterday's fare my blood sugar level this morning was 108 and my weight was 190. Dr. says my blood work is great. My cholesterol total number is 123 and the dr. says I am genetically protected. Downside is I'll be 79 next February if I make it until then. Big Boomer

Banned
    Great dinner, pecan pie with all the fixin's, then pecan pie for late lunch. Oh, yes there was some taters and gravy and other stuff to compliment the pecan pie.

Ken

Moderator Emeritus

I45guy, keep up the good work, brother! It's never been meant for EVERYbody to feast. But to simply appreciate the CHANCE to have done it, and denied ourselves the joy of that for the greater good you're working toward, is inspiring! You've set an example for us. No whining or moaning. Just a simple note that not everyone can feast on Thanksgiving Day. You have some wondrous Thanksgivings ahead of you with a family like that. Enjoy them when they get here, and always remember "the lean times" like the one you just had. It helps keep us humble and thankful all year long.

Boolit Buddy
    Last year 14 people on wife’s side of family got food poisoning for undercooked turkey. I was very thankful I had dinner before we got there.

Boolit Grand Master

Form the first time in family history, I convinced the wife to forgo the week long prep for the family feast. She made reservations and allowed professional cooks do the deed.
    There were 18 of us served exceptional food and all we had to do was show up. There was no hour of cleanup or packing the frig with leftovers. And I won't have turkey sandwiches for the next week. I had country fried stake with taters and gravy, green beans, and cherry pie for desert.
    I feel for all that didn't get what they preferred, or ate too much of what they wanted.
    My Thanksgiving experience was great although several who usually ate with us were watching from above.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Best wishes to those who had a tough Thanksgiving. We escaped the Norovirus last year, but several family members went down with it.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine wasn't too bad, the wife and I couldn't make it to the 'big' family meal this year because of work.

We weren't planning on having anything at all, really. But I was at Walmart last week and saw 'pre cooked smoked turkey' heat and eat for around $15 so I bought one.

We had that with a dressing casserole, deviled eggs, baked sweet potatoes, and a couple of store-bought sugar free pies.

I forgot to get cranberry sauce, so I had to use a honeybutter mix on the dressing.

The turkey wasn't bad, not the best turkey I've ever had(we have a competition pitmaster in the family), but not bad.

I'll actually have time to prepare a bit better for our Christmas meal. I have another turkey I picked up that isn't pre-cooked, found him in the Wednesday markdown cooler for $3. 22lbs. He'll find a spot next to the ham on my smoker on Christmas Eve
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Nope, GREAT MEAL. Wife's a great cook, I'd starve if I had to cook. Turkey (small breast) sliced ham, rolls, stringbeans, dressing, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts. Yummm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    thanksgiving is one of the days i eat what i want and as much as i want . the wife did a real.feast everything home made she started monday. son and grandkids came over it was great.

Boolit Master

My dinner was a test of willpower, just to see if I could swallow it and keep it down..

The wife made turkey and stuffing, mashed taters and gravy, and home-made punkin' pie.

Then I was forced to eat some of everything so I didn't hurt her feelings!

I came back for seconds on the punkin' pie, just to be sure she would be happy!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Turkey meatballs have had me running to the bathroom for the last 24 hours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast