Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: load data

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va

load data

anyone have any experience with wc868 ? bought 16 pounds by mistake! i have the unique ability to look at something and see something else. this is very slow burning powder. don't have any large magnum rifles thought maybe shotgun? any help would be appreciated.

Boolit Master

I've heard that wc860 is for the 50 BMG but not that acquainted with 868. Have to go to manufacturers website to check. Look here also>>>http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-WC-868-powder
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    this is originally for 20 mm cannon a little slower than 860. i will try using for shotgun . i don't hunt and just shoot for fun so all it has to do is go bang . but at 80 dollars for 16 pounds i can't do but so bad as i am just looking for some light loads.

Boolit Master
    Hey I use wc 860 and wc872 in my 30-06 full case with crimp get 2000fps with a Lee 200 gr boolit. I also use both in my 45/70 with 5 gr of 3031 kicker aand 57gr of eather.405 gr boolit @1250fps and wc872 was for 20 mm gun. use AA8700 data
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    Shotgun powders are very fast burning similar to small pistol powders. I don't believe you want to try 50 BMG or 20 mm cannon powders in a shotgun that will only take 12,000 PSI pressures. But I have used 20 mm cannon and 50 BMG powders in most antique rifle cases without any pressure problems. But even there a lot of particles of powder were left unburned in the barrel. But no pressure problems. They did a little better with heavy jacketed bullets in a 338 WIN Mag, but still did not burn effectively. So I tried a starting load of 10 grains of RED DOT under a full case of the 20 mm powder and it still did not get any better. Thats when I decided there are certain powders designed for certain loads for best efficiency and accuracy in certain cases. And I was just wasting my life getting more elderly trying to make something work that never would. So those two 8 pound jugs of 20 mm powder are still sitting there. Because they don't work well for anything but a 20 mm cannon. Try buying a jug of IMR-4895. It works well in all rifles, almost.

Boolit Buddy
    I see 20mm firearms for sale 13k, you already have the powder. Reminds me of finding a piece of brass then buying a gun, I can’t be the only one

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam20 View Post
    I see 20mm firearms for sale 13k, you already have the powder. Reminds me of finding a piece of brass then buying a gun, I can’t be the only one
    What kind of reloading press would you need to resize those 20 mm brass? And how expensive are the reloading dies? I do have several of those army surplus ammo boxes for 20 mm rounds that work well on my shelves in the reloading room.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    What kind of reloading press would you need to resize those 20 mm brass? And how expensive are the reloading dies? I do have several of those army surplus ammo boxes for 20 mm rounds that work well on my shelves in the reloading room.
    I actually looked around ch4d makes dies 2”, looks like people make there own presses. There is a fair amount of information for 20mm Vulcan, one company makes guns they are 6ft8in weigh. 39 to 130 lbs Primers were 50 bmg with a bushing to fit 20mm. I was surprised to see how many people shoot the things. Nothing was low cost about it. Still interesting
    Last edited by Adam20; 12-14-2018 at 10:03 PM.