Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Dumb Question #1037

Boolit Buddy

Dumb Question #1037

The first Conversion I did was the 20 Practical, I don't recall having any problems with that one.

This one is the 7.62X40 WT. Sorted out PMC brass from my stash and have been trimming to length. The problem is the dam ejector marks on every fifth to eighth one causes those cases to jamb in the case holder when Trimming/Loading. PITA !!

DQ #1037: Does anyone know a way to remove this ejector mark that does not include a File ?
    DQ #1038: Do you think fire-forming and sighting/groups will help remove the offence ?

Boolit Master

I don't think so, when I recently converted some 300Blk and 277Wlv I had the same issue. I just rotated the case until it went in, and mostly had to forcefully remove the shell holder off the case because that is when I'd notice it was one of "those" cases.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

It's the extractor but no doesn't help. Usually the outside of the rim that is wide. Just toss them when you sort. They will shoot OK but you have to watch they don't pull the next case forward and cause fail to feed. You could file the rim in spare time, I don't bother. Good cases are easy to pick up. Kinda like LC pockets the don't seat a primer good. Mark and toss next time.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I do not use pmc brass to make the 300, Neck too thick

When I make the AAC I like the 223 brass neck to be a max of .012 or less ( I have made some but only use it for jacketed)

I have measures some 223 brass and the neck can be as much as .015 or more and if you have to trim, the neck thickness can get very thick

Boolit Buddy
    I have kinda sorted brass (Bottleneck anyway) for different guns. LC for 223 AR, G.F.L. for 223 Bolt etc. etc. PMC just came out most prolific in that handful to begin with. When I did my 20 Practical I didn't have any issues with neck thickness, but I have not checked with this one yet, just not that far along yet. I think I got close to 1500 with less than 100 left to finish trim to length. It's just aggravating to have to fight with a bent rim. Throwing any out is not a happy thought at this point.