MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FFL transfer, how long should you wait?

I use a local guy, Fargo Arms. Average is 3-5 days from time I order and pay for gun until we are meeting to fill out paperwork, make the background check call and collect my gun.

All for 20$ a shot. And yes I have tipped him a couple of times when he went above and beyond for me.

Find a decent FFL. Your current one does not want to bother with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwell View Post
    Mine has never made we wait; I have shown up 15 minutes after it was delivered and I walked out 10 minutes later.
    This is how it's been for me numerous times , maybe things are done different in the east side of the state ???
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    I checked out the GB FFL locator, looks like there's plenty in my area.
    Also emailed the shop to let them.know that I have the delivery confirmation and name of the person who signed for the package. If they "can't find it" I'll inform the police about the lost/stolen firearm.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    That or passing it around like a cheerleader after the big game...
    That made me smile.

The ffl I deal with calls me when the gun comes in usually exactly when he said it would be there. I go down do the background check, and can leave as soon as it clears. He charges $25 for a gun broker gun or similar. The paperwork is free if I buy straight from him. This is in blue Delaware.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Hard to believe this is even a problem

WHY
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Might even ask him "I read somewhere you guys have 5 days to log the gun, should I call the ATF and have 'em check your books ?"

Boolit Master
    If I had to guess I'd say they'd rather have me buy from them instead of just shipping to them. In my limited experience my 'buddies' at the shop suddenly forget who I am when I buy from someone else.

Boolit Grand Master

If I had to guess I'd say they'd rather have me buy from them instead of just shipping to them. In my limited experience my 'buddies' at the shop suddenly forget who I am when I buy from someone else.
    This is stupid logic on both parts. Money is money. They can’t sell what they don’t own so collect the transfer fee and be happy. The second part is just stupid. You have to buy from multiple places because no place carries everything.

Your experience mirrors mine and is indicative of shops in SE PA. This is why I deal w/ a kitchen table FFL. He’s actually a gunsmith but he has no problem taking ten minutes of his time to collect $25. Gun shops are their own worse enemy. Their attitudes do nothing to foster an increase in gun owners.

But did you end up getting it? It is stupid, but I've got at least one around here that really dosen't want you buying anything the way they act. And I haven't and won't

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Wow, no update after all this time!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I've been on the road since Friday but they still haven't called. These guys ought to be ashamed of themselves, I actually had better luck in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, never had issues like this anywhere else.
    Kitchen table FFL is definitely the way to go.

Boolit Buddy
    What is the name of the shop and where are they located?

wow, just wow. I bought a gun last Thursday in Texas, picked it up at the FFL in Florida on Tuesday. I didn't even know it had shipped when they called... Oh, and $20 bucks for the transfer..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Caster View Post
    What is the name of the shop and where are they located?
    Delaware Valley Sports Center, 101 Geiger Rd, Philadelphia

Boolit Master

I ordered a gun from a shop in Idaho on Wednesday and they told me it will be here Tuesday. Since I'm in Washington, they have to transfer it to a WA FFL. I asked how long that would take, and they told me I could come in, pick up the pistol from them on Tuesday, and drive it to the WA FFL myself if I wanted.

But, shops are a little more laid back out here. My local FFL (the only FFL in my county) is a full-time sheriff's deputy and runs a little shop out of his home. He charges $15 a transfer, but he's pretty busy, so I usually have to call him to confirm a gun has arrived.

Some of the most ignorant and obstinate people I've come across own gun shops, however.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I would have driven over there the day after it came in. They're (probably can't use the word) you around.

Boolit Master
    Well???

I have made no comment up til now. Been waiting to see what ended up being the result of this situation.

You get the situation resolved?
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Finally picked it up tonight, after they called the previous owner to ask why it was still in their shop (Huh???). Then when I got there they asked me three times if I'd gotten a call from them, apparently it's some sort of Cardinal Sin for a customer to take the initiative and we should not speak to them until they've spoken to us. Then it was "lost" in a back room somewhere and took them 20 minutes to "find" it.
    The whole experience makes absolutely no sense, even a co-worker of mine from New Jersey says he's never had this happen. Anyway, it's done and I'm done with them.

Boolit Grand Master

Just ordered a gun on Black Friday. It was shipped and the day after is showed received the FFL called me. I rolled down there and after talking guns for a bit, him trying to get me to buy an extra drill press he had and showing me a couple of new pistols he got in then talking to his wife about canning beets I was out of there.

With the treatment you got from that place I would definitely call the local ATF and file a complaint.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast