Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 mm Loading

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by wendyj View Post
    I'm not a Lee basher. Several molds. Three Lee presses and countless dies. I'm not going by what Joe blow said. I had to go with CBS cowboy dies in my 45 because a 454 seater and expander just wouldn't work. Same for my 45-70. Lee is cheaper on a lot of things and I got into this because Lee was inexpensive to try it out. I'm going from my own experience on the larger bullets. I was mistaken and thought my 9mm was Lee but are RCBS. The Lee is a charge bar for my turret on the 9 mm. I'm familiar with Al's expanders and have one or two. Also like his sizing bushings and have 3 of his molds. No one is bashing Lee or trying to discourage anyone from using them. I pretty much buy all Lee for straight wall but still prefer Redding for bottle neck but also use Lee in some of them. Don't be so quick to judge.
    Yep, but remember RCBS Cowboy dies are designed (especially the dies you mention) for larger lead bullets. I have a set for my 45 Colt reloads. I understand the difference between Lee and some other dies (kinda like comparing Craftsman or Proto tools to Snap-on) and my post was in no way meant to bring up the Lee Hater BS. A Lee expander (flaring) die has always worked for me, and while I have a mixed bag of die sets (Lee, Herters, Pacific, Lyman, Redding, and RCBS) none seems to work any better than the feller behind the press handle...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

I'm not going to argue on that as I do have several dies for several calibers. My only question was since most of my molds throw so much larger I figured this one to do the same. For a cheap Lee 2 cavity it makes nice bullets I found out this morning. Only thing is I will have to powdercoat to get larger than my bore size. Bullets cast at 3.555 with ww and 2% tin. First small bullet I've casted. Quite a learning curve before I figured it out. Sprue hole really small. Likes hot lead and slow stream and no wait on getting bullets out. No offense taken on post. Happy Thanksgiving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12