Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ColtŪ LE6920 Semiautomatic Tactical Rifle comments?

Banned

you are correct in that when the rush isn't on its almost a cheap to buy a entry level ar as to build one. You might save 50-100 bucks. That said it doesn't take a gunsmith to build an ar. anyone that can take apart a glock and put a trigger spring in it can build an ar. Resale? I could care less. I don't buy guns to resell them. I buy them to shoot. You don't need to spend a grand or even 800 bucks to buy an ar that shoots 3moa. An out of the box 5-600 dollar bushmaster, dmps ect will do even better then that. Im not in the army and don't roll around in the mud or get into a firefight that requires me to shoot a 1000 rounds without having 10 minutes to hose one out and oil it. Warantee? Dmps, bushmaster ect have just as good of a warrantee as colt and if there handgun repairs are anything like there rifle repairs sending a gun to colt is like sending it into a black hole. Parts guns. PSA warrantees every part they sell. Me? I guess I look at it like this. I sure don't want to rely on having to send a ar15 back for repairs that any idiot can do at home. Maybe replace a spring or put a new extractor on a bolt? Ive got a drawer full of extra parts for ars. If **** youd best know how to fix one yourself. Building one or two is the best way to learn how they work and what can break and how to fix it. If resale does mean something to you. I can buy two parts guns for what a colt cost. I can save a 100 bucks on one. Sell the other and make maybe a 100-150 bucks and end up with an ar15 that runs just fine thankyou for 250 bucks, build 3 and you knock that down to a 150 bucks. Buy a colt or two and sell them down the line and unless a democrat gets elected your going to lose probably 200 bucks on each. Heck right now you can put one together for about the price of a high point carbine. Are you going to impress anyone? Nope. Ive been at the range many times with ARs. I don't think ive ever had anyone look for a horsey on my gun. So you aren't going to impress anyone either. Im not an ar snob. An ar that goes bang every time I pull the trigger and hits what im aim at is my goal and I don't need to spend 800 bucks to do that. Not when 400 and a hour or two of my time can get it done. Like I said who would you rather have build your gun. You who is going to be the one that pulls the trigger or trusts your familys life to it or some 10 dollar an hour employee that's main concern is how to get rid of there hangover or what there wearing on there date tonight. Show me an ar that's built entirely in house with uppers and lowers they forge themselves with every part in it made with care BY THEM and assembled by professional gunsmiths and you might impress me. But your sure not doing that for under a grand. Buy a entry level ar from ANYONE and your buying an assembly line slapped together gun. Luckily with ars that kind of works because a 15 year old kid can be trained to build a lower and do it pretty fast after hes done a 1000 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    My take is this:

If you are not an experienced assembler, I highly recommend you buy a factory made gun with a warranty. Colt preferred (obviously), pre sell out Bushmaster, Windham, Ruger, PSA, etc. The factory produced guns will have a high probability of working right out of the box, and time is money. All the time saved over building means you are at the range blasting away. For some of the lower tier offerings, you really aren’t going to beat them on price by much if you build. That’s if you beat the price at all.

Add in to that, if you built the gun, and have issues then you have to troubleshoot and hopefully fix it. A factory gun goes back to warranty repair ( usually on the manufacturer’s dime), and is their problem to fix or replace.

That’s why I don’t build AR’s. It’s not worth my time or effort when it comes to money saved, if I save anything at all. There is no sense of pride for me in building one either. As for building a precision AR, ummm, as long as they hold 3-4 MOA I’ll likely hit a man sized torso target at 700 yards somewhere in the torso. I save precision for he bolt guns.

As for buying a mix master someone built...yeah right. There are to many morons out there with Midway USA catalogs and an action wrench for me to even consider it. Mouth breathing all over the parts while asking how to build it from anyone who’ll respond on the Barf.com forum.

That’s my take.

Boolit Master
    Lloyd, my post was tailored to those who have never assembled an AR. I recommend buying a factory built one for their first over building one for their first.

Boolit Master

i love how these threads always turn into someone trying to prove how great they are. seriously people, its an inanimate object. we dont all drive the same exact car, we dont all shoot the same exact gun. pick what works for you, and let others chose what works for them.

Boolit Master
    Well now you guys have done it, I've never had any interest in an AR, but now I feel I have to build one. Black Friday and free shipping. What's the feeling on Anderson lowers?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bdicki View Post
    What's the feeling on Anderson lowers?
    In spec and you won’t have any issues. All but one of mine are built on them. Primary Arms is selling lowers today for $29. I still have one sitting the safe but I’m a little tempted to buy a few more just because I can.

Boolit Master

Well now you guys have done it, I've never had any interest in an AR, but now I feel I have to build one. Black Friday and free shipping. What's the feeling on Anderson lowers?
    be careful, they have been known to breed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    be careful, they have been known to breed.
    Can't be as bad as Encore/Contenders.

Boolit Master
    Anderson- More than a few and have been very pleased.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    Anderson- More than a few and have been very pleased.
    I ordered 3 of them to start. $49.99 each free shipping.

Boolit Master

I've built 10 guns on Anderson lowers without any issue. Some don't like the Anderson roll mark but that's with every lower wheter the snake of Bushmaster, Stag for Stag, etc. Just be advise their larger AR10 style lower requires their upper. Just took apart 4 ea 14.5" uppers using DD M4A1 RIS II rails yesterday as the barrels were shot out. Cleaned them and will rebuild sometime this week. (SOCOM armor in Astan)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5955.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	231059

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Banned

a lower is a lower.

Boolit Buddy
    I've used Armalite, Aero, Matrix, JP, & RRA for Assemblies. Bought S&W, RRA and others in the box. See no difference. But my Experience is FUN FUN FUN !!!!!!!!!!

Yes, they breed. I ordered a 6.5 Grendel barrel Friday. I'm going to do this one with "on sale" pieces/parts over time. Probably an Anderson lower(my 6th one to use) but I'd love to find another CavArms lower at a bargain price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My gut is telling me about Feb/Mar time frame the parts and ammo situation may change slightly. With the Libtards empowered with their ripple it is going to be full on attack the POTUS and guns ASAP. He it appears is rolling on the bump stock, what's next to keep his place? I was feeling the Xmas spirit and just ordered a few things, Anderson is running 10% and sales daily to first of year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123