Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: NOE bushing die lube

Boolit Master

NOE bushing die lube

might be sizing down, .001-.002; the nose riding section of a noe mold. nose is now .3035. what are my choices for lubing?? and next question. has anyone noticed any decrease in accuracy from using the bushing dies; especially the nose sizing die??
    Last edited by porthos; 11-18-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: wording mistake

I like mine and if I am going to run through a lube sizer afterwards I use Hornady one shot to run them through the bushing. One thing I just found out is after a set of sizing get the bushing out as it is a pain in the butt after sitting inside it for a month to remove. If not using lube sizer I just use 45-45-10

All I did with the NOE nose sizer was got stuck boolits. Lube or not.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

I spray a soft shop towel with my homebrewed alcohol/lanolin case lube and, after the alcohol has evaporated out, roll the boolit across it just like an old RCBS caselube pad. Haven't had a stuck boolit yet.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    All I did with the NOE nose sizer was got stuck boolits. Lube or not.
    Same for me...
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master

I use Dillon Case lube when the die is new die for the first few bullets. Since the bikers are coated w/ BLL no additional lube is needed after the first few.

I have had no issues after sizing w/ the bushings. I have not used the nose sizers so I can’t comment on them.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the NOE dies in about 2 dozen sizers.
    If you're trying to size down .002 or more they can be hard to push though.
    I sometimes use a flouro polymer sizing lube made by Hi-Tek coating. Here in Aus it comes in a concentrate and you mix about a teaspoon in 1 litre bottle of denatured alcohol. It doesn't need much and it works great for it's intended purpose and as a press ram lube.

The geometry of the press linkage makes a huge difference. The NOE die places the sizer in the middle of the stroke where there is often less leverage available. I have found the Lee Breech Lock challenger works best with the NOE sizer. I have had bullets which i struggled to size in a RockChucker & T7 and yet the Lee Challenger breezes through due to it's long handle stroke.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CamoWhamo View Post
    I have the NOE dies in about 2 dozen sizers.
    If you're trying to size down .002 or more they can be hard to push though.
    I sometimes use a flouro polymer sizing lube made by Hi-Tek coating. Here in Aus it comes in a concentrate and you mix about a teaspoon in 1 litre bottle of denatured alcohol. It doesn't need much and it works great for it's intended purpose and as a press ram lube.

The geometry of the press linkage makes a huge difference. The NOE die places the sizer in the middle of the stroke where there is often less leverage available. I have found the Lee Breech Lock challenger works best with the NOE sizer. I have had bullets which i struggled to size in a RockChucker & T7 and yet the Lee Challenger breezes through due to it's long handle stroke.
    I run the NOE sizing system with the sized holder upside down and the bushing in the "wrong" end
    It works well using a smear of Lyman lube to hold in the bushing
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Banner Sponsor

I've used the NOE sizers to run .375 jacketed bullets through a. 368 die to make .369 bullets for my 9.3x57mm that has an oversized barrel. I used Imperial sizing die wax. Also I polished the inside of the dies with some 600 grit and a slotted dowl.