Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Armi San Marco Tingle Style Pistol

Boolit Buddy

Armi San Marco Tingle Style Pistol

These were made by Armi San Marco for Dixie Gun Works. I got the two screws out, does anyone know how to remove the barrel?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Armi San Marco1.jpg   Armi San Marco2.jpg  

Boolit Master

If it is a true copy of Bob Tingles pistol the barrel just slides forward. So many years ago when I got my Tingle I was the equal of any pistol equipment wise on the line at Friendship. I still have a Tingle and several hundred balls and the mould. I need to get my M/L target pistols out and have a session
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Buddy
    DIRT Farmer I would love to have an original Tingle. I think this one will slide forward as you said, it has been on for a very long time. I have some penetrating oil on it. Hope to loosen it up.Have fun with your original, I have heard they were insanely accurate.

Boolit Master

There are still several out there and if cared for shoot as well as anything. I loaded 12 grains of fffg and a 410 ball with pocket drill. I made master class with it. The modern serious guns are 32s. If I had one of the Armis I would consider a really good liner in 32 if the barrel was less than perfect

Boolit Buddy
    Found some old info originally from Dixie Gun Works on the pistol......

TROPHY WINNER .44 SINGLE SHOT PISTOL
    NO. D-E-001 THE TROPHY WINNER .44 SINGLE SHOT PISTOL: This is a trophy winning single shot pistol that will give years of trouble free enjoyment. Each gun has a beautiful casehardened frame that is etched with a western scene on both sides, which really adds to the beauty of this gun. The 10" blued octagon barrel is .44 caliber and has 7 grooves and 7 lands of equal width. Groove to groove diameter mikes .445. Land to land mikes .442. We recommend a .435 ball. Use No. 11 caps on the .245x28 nipple. The fixed
    ramp blade front sight and adjustable rear sight gives a very good sight picture. The weight of this gun is 42 ounces and overall length is 12 3/4". We have test fired this Italian made gun using 125 grains of 3FG powder & three lead balls, and our findings are that it would be unquestionably safe. The convenience of owning this pistol is that we now have a smooth bore shotgun pistol barrel that will interchange with the rifled barrel that is on the pistol. This pistol barrel is listed below. Shipping weight of Trophy Winner is 5 lbs.
    Price ........................$79.95

NO. D-E-002 SHOTGUN PISTOL BARREL: This is a .28 gauge smooth bore barrel which is 10" long,blued, octagon, brass front sight, and is very simple to install on the Trophy Winner pistol. All that you do is remove two screws in front of the trigger guard, slide the rifled barrel out and insert the shotgun barrel. Takes a .245x28 nipple and No. 11 caps. In loading this barrel, we suggest that you load with 1 3/4 drams of black powder and use old newspaper on top of the powder load at least 3/4" thick, and then a half ounce of shot and place just enough newspaper on top to make sure that the shot will not fall out. Place percussion cap on nipple and the gun is ready to fire. Will make a fine tackle box snake gun while out on a fishing trip or to calm down tomcats on your back fence late at night when they are yowling. Shipping weight 1 lb.
    Price ....................$12.95

All of the above information is from the DIXIE GUN WORKS, INC. Catalog NO.125, page 82.

Boolit Buddy
    And BTW DIRT Farmer I got both the screws out in front of the trigger guard. Soaked the area with 4/1 oil for a couple of days, Used a piece of synthetic ram rod in the barrel , held the barrel and tapped the rod with a hammer and the thing won't budge. Was greased down real good when the previous owner put it in storage. Might try a little heat on the receiver. If that don't work I am going to put the screws back in and shoot the son of a gun

Boolit Master
    I had a cva version of this. Put the barrel in a padded vise and used a block of wood to tap on the front of the frame to remove the frame from the barrel. Cleaned everything up after that and it would remove and install easily. I could never get the nipple off the thing.

Boolit Master

Just keep the oil on it Rusty is correct wood on the front of the frame and tap. The ramrod in the barrel wont help. Heat may, use a heat gun and cool it with oil.
    BTW what year was the Dixie listing. I would bet Dixie was a fun place to work, they had a lot of listings over the years that they tried to blow something up.

Boolit Master
    if it ain't broke don't fix it!. leave well enough alone!.

Boolit Master
    I would have to get the barrel off because I would want to make other barrels. You can try anytime to get it off, go shoot it and have fun with it. Keeping wet with penetrating and shooting may even loosen for later. If I had to have it off, padded vise on barrel sights up, propane whip top of receiver and pull off.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toot View Post
    if it ain't broke don't fix it!. leave well enough alone!.
    Amen... Don't break something trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Boolit Master

They were made to pull the barrel off to clean. They build up fouling under the hammer and down into the trigger. Also you need the barrel off to get the nipple out. they were designed to be taken down each time they were shot

Boolit Buddy
    DIRT Farmer
    Dixie gun Works, Inc. Catalog No. 125 Paperback – 1976
    Thank you for your replies!

Boolit Buddy
    RustyReel thank you Sir...I am going to give it a try

Boolit Buddy
    toot. Gtek and arlon...thank you gentlemen too!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyReel View Post
    I had a cva version of this. Put the barrel in a padded vise and used a block of wood to tap on the front of the frame to remove the frame from the barrel. Cleaned everything up after that and it would remove and install easily. I could never get the nipple off the thing.
    Hi Rusty, You might try using an 8-point or 12-point socket driven onto the nipple. It cuts splines into the nipple and you just unscrew it. Of course you should pour some penetrating oil down the barrel or submerge the end of the barrel in the stuff to get at the rusted threads first. This works like a charm. Like an easy-out only it works. A guy on flea bay sells these sockets cheap!

https://tinyurl.com/y8vo7avc