Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever wonder

Boolit Grand Master
    I must have over 30k cast bullets ready to go....and 3000 lbs of alloy to cast. I should be ok for a while.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    500 rounds of cast 9 mm would be a bit below average for a week's shooting for me (action pistol).

Yeah, I shoot all of what I cast. Wel, that's not quite literally true. I'm a bit short now, and need to cast more, and am considering melting down some prior casts of a bullet style that I no longer shoot.

Boolit Master

When I was Cowboy Action Shooting by myself, I could keep up with the casting/reloading for one person.
    When my kids started, I just couldn't manage it. Even with the kids loading all the shotgun ammo.

So I had to BUY machine cast commercial bullets.
    There were no 4cavity bullet molds for Cowboy Action Shooting until the mid 1990's.

But I kept those empty 500rd bullet boxes. Many of the 100+ or so are full. All are Sized & Lubed.
    The Kids are long gone, and I can't make it through 2 stages at a Cowboy match.

But I still like to cast. The Heavy H & G & SAECO 4-10 Cavity molds are long gone.
    But the LEE 6CAV & the GREAT aluminum 4-5cav molds from N.O.E. & ACCURATE make casting good again.

So, yeah I like to cast, and good music and a good pipe makes running a Lube-Sizer easy.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Bub
    I usually shoot a couple hundred cast a day. I find casting relaxing. Haven't tried powder coating yet. Would be a lot to coat.

I hear many retired folks saying they are bored. Can't find things to do to pass the time. What is time. I can't seem to find any of it. Shoot, cast, size, Shoot! LOL

KnifeMaker

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRangeAir View Post
    I hear many retired folks saying they are bored. Can't find things to do to pass the time. What is time. I can't seem to find any of it. Shoot, cast, size, Shoot! LOL

KnifeMaker
    I retired just under a year ago and also have more things I want and need to do than there is time for (and I'm not including then home honey-do's that have accumulated over the years).

KnifeMaker, have you tried HiTek coating? High volume home coating is easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12