RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: deer season

Banned

Our rifle season doesn't start here until the 28th. Been half heartedly out with the crossbow a bit since were in archery season now. I did kill a decent doe during our early antlerless segment in October. I hope I can put a tag on a good buck before it's all said and done.

Boolit Master

Rifle season started today for us, got a nice fat doe. There was a button buck with her, he wouldn't leave, almost decided to take him home but gave him a pass. He hung around for about 10 minutes, I decided to try a few calls to see how he'd react, the doe bleat made the most impact, but all he would do was look my way...I'm thinking he was too young yet.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

I cant go far had a knee replacement but I did shoot a little 8 point this morning maybe a fat doe later on

Boolit Master

Went deer hunting last night and it turned into Thanksgiving Dinner when Mr. "14 Pound" Tom walked by.

I passed on shooting an 85# button buck at 8:08 yesterday morning. My SC Hunting Host would have said, "You just weren't mad enough at him." Yeah, it's kind of like that.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Day 2....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations to all of you guys that have scored! No pictures but I scored a South Arkansas 8 pt earlier in the week. Nothing spectacular but, one shot one kill no trailing, just the way I like!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Yes. Once, I was working with a fellow from Mississippi, when he said, "I never knew deer season was a national holiday until I came to West Virginia!"
    A lot of the smaller rural schools in Arkansas let the students out of school on opening day of deer season if they don't tear the school up during Halloween. The bigger towns not so much but pretty common in the rural. Sounds like a win for both sides!

Boolit Master
    I though those plastic assault rifles were not used for any sporting use.

around here even schools are closed for first day.

Boolit Buddy
    I have had so much fun, with the new AR 10, in creating loads, that I decided to leave the bolt actions, lever actions, and the revolvers, home for this hunt. It came through with flying colors, even though I only needed one shot. I really like the Vortex scope, that I put on it, and the load I have come up with, using Varget, and Hornady SST bullets, is spot on, at 200 yds. Very sporting, if I say so myself. LOL

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wgr View Post
    I cant go far had a knee replacement but I did shoot a little 8 point this morning maybe a fat doe later on
    WGR, hope that knee is doing well! Had mine done last March, and have really enjoyed this years archery season! Last year at this time I could barely walk.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    I took this buck, opening day, 11/17 in Sullivan County, NY. Ends a drought for me of some years. Just in the right place at the right time. Then 2 1/2 hours dragging. Weighed it at a local watering hole. 8 points and 145 pounds field dressed. I am in the green/white shirt. My deer hunting only lasted 3 hours this year!
    Bruce
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018Deer.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	231140

Rifle season opened 3 Nov in Texas but the summer drought and October floods have not helped. So far we've taken 3 cull bucks and a 400# boar hog. The soggy roads took a skid steer loader and my pickup. Those were recovered Sunday after a month of drying. I personally have not seen anything I'd be willing to skin. Good Luck to the rest of you.
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Boolit Master
    I got back out yesterday, still no shooters. Someone dragged a deer by the tree I've been hunting out of (public land)and this guy came by following the drag scent.

I see you.

I smell you, just before it took off in a hurry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12