Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9

Boolit Master

Beretta M9

There I was, larger than life, perusing the pawn shops. In one I fin a NIB M9 commercial model. I have wanted one of these for years, but just never happened upon one in person. Well, today was the day! $499 out the door and I am a happy man.

I have a strong love for the M9. It has been my service pistol for long enough, lol. It fits my hand very well and is very accurate. The one I got has the typical long and heavy DA pull, and squishy single action. D spring and 2 cases of 9mm NATO ammo are ordered. This is the best fitted M9 I’ve ever held. The slide the frame fit is better than my Colt 1911’s and my HI-Powers, lol.

I can’t wait to get this one out and blast away. I’m debating on whether or not I should get a crappy Plastic Blackhawk holster to complete the experience, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFEA916D-D3A4-4502-A48D-E8AD34103F29.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    get a good leather holster the plastic ones will tear up your gun.

Once I get a Beretta like that one, I will probably quit buying 9 millimeter pistols. I agree with the leather holster suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Meh, it’s not a CZ

Banned

Since you have tested that gun six ways from Sunday, you know exactly what you got.
    Good for you.
    Are the holsters you were issued out of the question??? Due to standardization in attachment??? Or were they below average?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Since you have tested that gun six ways from Sunday, you know exactly what you got.
    Good for you.
    Are the holsters you were issued out of the question??? Due to standardization in attachment??? Or were they below average?
    I’ve been issued the green cloth holster and the Blackhawk plastic holsters. My favorite is the green service holster due to it being a flap holster. Keeps all the crud off the gun. The Blackhawk holsters are generally durable, but they do eat finishes (don’t care if it happens to my issue pistol) and i’d like this one to look nicer for longer than 20 minutes of presentations, lol. Also the Blackhawk holsters are open top and allow **** to get on the gun. Overall, the Blackhawk holsters are serviceable, but not my cup of tea. I was just joking about getting one to complete the whole “experience “.

For a woods bumming holster I will be getting a standard green flap service holster. For carry probably a Mernickle high rise. Those holsters make big guns disappear.

Boolit Grand Master
    LL--

Your association with the M9-series is more extensive than my own, I'm sure. I have had a couple Beretta 92s and one Beretta 96, and all were great pistols. I have examples of most makes of mainstream service pistols on hand, but the Berettas seem to get away for some reason. I'm not sure why that is the case--they have run well for me.

They are a little large, as 9mm pistols go. The 96 was my last uniform/duty sidearm before retirement, a job it did very well. I ran about 3K rounds through it, and it never stuttered. Not once--factory ammo, jacketed reloads, or cast-bullet reloads. The 92s were never used at work, my shop's 9mm load was and is unimpressive. They shot very well, though--like the 96 they were not ammo-sensitive in the least, and could be very accurate with loads they liked. (Note--if the adulterated 147 grain JHP service loads have any saving grace, it is that said loads are quite accurate in good pistols).

I cultivate an appreciation for good sidearms--where the Beretta is unexcelled over all other makes is its intrinsic beauty--The Italians design and build beautiful things. I have owned Beretta Models 81, 84, 92, and 96 over the years. To my eyes they are elegant and graceful, almost too beautiful to carry for serious purposes in a gritty, dirty world. That might be why they seem to get away. Dunno.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Meh, it’s not a CZ

My CZ is cooler than yours.

Banned

Have you ever tried CrossBreed???
    I like the OWB holsters
    Regardless great deal on a great gun
    My Croatians are really nice
    Europe has a lot of nice looking ...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    My CZ is cooler than yours.
    Only half of it

That looks like a fine example of a M9. Sounds like you got exactly what you wanted.

When my dept. went to the Beretta M-94 in 40 S&W caliber, they sent me to the Beretta armors school. There I learned a little trick from the instructor to decrease the heavy double action and single action trigger pull. Remove the Beretta hammer spring from the grip area and replace it with a Colt 1911 standard weight hammer spring. Do not use a reduced weight Colt spring, you want the standard weight spring that comes from the factory in a Colt 1911.
    It reduced the double action pull from about 12 pounds to 8 pounds and the single action down to 6 pounds. I converted our SWAT team M-94's with the Colt spring and after many thousands of rounds fired in their guns, we had no misfires due to light firing pin strike. I also converted the guns for several of our female officers and male officers with small hands and no misfires after a year of use and their qualification scores increased due to a lighter trigger pull.
    If I remember right the Beretta M-9 and M-94 use the same hammer spring and the conversation should work with the M-9.

The one and only thing I disliked about the Beretta 92fs, m9 series of pistols was the safety. For me it was just backwards of what I am used to. I was constantly putting the gun on safe when I didn't want it that way, so it had to go. That was the only thing about it I disliked.
    I now own the Taurus version of that pistol. The safety on that one works just like I expect it to so no problems. I can even carry it cocked and locked.
    I made a concession to Beretta when I got my Taurus. I put a Beretta M9 barrel and locking block in it. That was a drop in replacement and made the gun so it would eat and shoot anything you fed it just like the Beretta does. It took the Taurus from a good gun to a great one.
    Your Beretta is a fine gun and should serve you well for a long time.

Boolit Master
    Tazman, thats the nice thing about the 96, slick slide. No safety/decoker lever at all!
    I like the Beretta pistols, very elegant and yet still functional. I chose the 96 because I can't reach the lever on the slide, it is backwards to me, and DA only is preferable to me. I picked up a 9mm barrel and block, now it shoots 9mm or 40 in the same frame, and using the same magazines(against all internet knowledge, go figgure). And ,no I don't "trust it with my life" using 9mm. For that it wears the factory 40SW parts.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Meh, it’s not a CZ
    It's not a 1911 just never felt the love for the 92fs I bought mine back in early 93 i think I put thousands of rounds through it
    for Me it just dont work this is one of the guns I just cant shoot well maybe i got a bad barrel on mine but it will not jam and I
    never had a FTF or any issue with it it just works just dont shoot well for me
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    After about 9,000,000 dry firings, the trigger is coming along. The D spring should be here by Tuesday. I’ll polish some things up and should be able to get the DA and SA pulls lightened up considerably while keeping 100% safety and function. This thing just talks to me, lol. Ammo should be here soon too. Bullets are on the way as well and i’ll Get some NATO equivalent loads made up using 124 gr FMJ bullets.

Life sho’ am good!!

Boolit Master

this was on my list of things to pick up https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I picked up a practically brand new 92F from a friend and boy, I love that pistol! Gobbles up anything ammo-wise, and I can hit fairly good with it. Just my .02
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    After a long session of shooting 45’s, I love to end it shooting my 92. What a joy. It’s like going from a day of 4 wheeling in a Jeep to riding home in a Cadillac!

I can shoot my other 9’s in the same situation, but the Beretta just feels so much softer shooting and sweet when compared to the others.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

ADMIN

LL- guess you need to be on the lookout for a dozen or so military surplus mags for the M9.
    I doubt they should be too hard to located down there where your at.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    LL- guess you need to be on the lookout for a dozen or so military surplus mags for the M9.
    I doubt they should be too hard to located down there where your at.
    I’ve got a box full of them, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast