Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a good deal on percussion caps

Got a good deal on percussion caps

Around here the price of percussion caps are $8.00 per hundred. Found an online supply for $42.00 per thousand.
    Ordered me a couple of thousand. Ordered those thru Powder Valley Inc.
    Last edited by vrh; 11-30-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    Da Okie/ Now known as Vearl

Boolit Master

Love finding a deal especially on a high use item! I’m still ecstatic at finding the encore forend screws I needed at the local Mom and pop hardware store for 26 cents apiece!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Oh how I long for the days when I was a kid and there was an old gunsmith in his 80s not too far away. A tin of 100 Remingtons ran 25 cents a tin - a pound of DuPont a whole 75 cents - I'm guessing the price increase from those days is called inflation?

I have a stash of percussion caps but the last time I looked at a LGS - a 100 were priced at almost $9.00 / 100.

Good buy at $42.00 / K - don't blame you for snapping up a couple K - sort of gives you peace of mine that you won't run out anytime soon! Enjoy!

I'm all set, right up to my Dirt Nap - When I stumbled across a gun shop a couple of years ago that was selling percussion #11 caps for $3.50/tin of 100, I bought 20 tins.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Our walmart has them for 4bucks a tin for the cci brand . I've never bought a cap since I'm a flint guy but can I assume the tins are 100 count ?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

For me it was the mad search for musket caps back during the last time of slim pickings, then found them at a LGS for a decent price bought a few hundred. Hmmm there is an item it might be worth stocking up on. Don't know about a couple K worth but a few hundred wouldn't hurt anything and won't hurt the budget much. Forget how many Caps have for the revolver. Not enough I'm sure.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Remington #11s are $3.19 at one gun shop locally...so i stock up on them when i can. CCI #10 and #11 are $4.95. I only use remington tho but i also make my own percussion caps. I might make a small post on how ive come up with my own special way to make really hot and strong caps.

Boolit Master

Exclamation caps in tin

Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    Our walmart has them for 4bucks a tin for the cci brand . I've never bought a cap since I'm a flint guy but can I assume the tins are 100 count ?
    RU Shooter,
    Yes, tins are 100 count. Which flints are you using and are you happy with them? I am slowly putting together a Thompson Center flint lock 50 cal. with a Green Mountain PB barrel and L&R lock, not sure about trigger yet. Thanks!
    Bob
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

In Remembrance
    I will be interested in your method of making caps. My long arms are primarily flinters, along with some pistols. I do have some percussion pistols, along with C&B revolvers and do have a (unused) percussion cap maker. I have also heard that the German toy cap rolls are best.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master

care to clue us in on the "where" so we can maybe order some too.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

8 dollars per 100 here for Remingtons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard II View Post
    RU Shooter,
    Yes, tins are 100 count. Which flints are you using and are you happy with them? I am slowly putting together a Thompson Center flint lock 50 cal. with a Green Mountain PB barrel and L&R lock, not sure about trigger yet. Thanks!
    Bob
    Last place I bought them was a place online called Neolithics , decent price and they seem to spark and last as long as anything else I've used they have a variety of different flint/chert available
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Powder Valley Inc.
    Da Okie/ Now known as Vearl

Boolit Master
    I was at an auction. selling out a part time gun shop. I got all the caps they had about 6000. got about $5 a thousand in them.

Bob208 that is one lucky score. Wish i found a deal like that

Boolit Buddy
    My local source gets me RWS 1075 plus caps for $80 per 1000 including the hazmat fee. Only percussion caps I use. Hottest caps made and waterproof. I let one sit in a glass of water for half an hour. Took it out, blew it off and it fired perfectly.

Boolit Man
    Here CCI #11 caps are $20 a tin. found some recently at $15 a tin (100). A lot of the time when just plinking I use the plastic cap gun caps that come in packs of 72 for $1.50, They work just fine on a No:11 nipple. Made in either China or Taiwan. That's using home made BP.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOutlawKid View Post
    Remington #11s are $3.19 at one gun shop locally...so i stock up on them when i can. CCI #10 and #11 are $4.95. I only use remington tho but i also make my own percussion caps. I might make a small post on how ive come up with my own special way to make really hot and strong caps.
    Yes please. That would be helpful to many.

Boolit Buddy
    I just made some the other night, even though we can get the around here for about $6 a tin. I use a tap o cap and prime all . 22 Reloader sells a percussion cap maker and the prime all. The prime all makes for a nice hot cap. he has a video out there f him making some.

Boolit Master
    i too would like to have you share the method of how you make tour own percussion caps? also how do i find the video of .22 Reloader making them? thank's toot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast