WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Yotes - Steel and Lead

Boolit Master

Yotes - Steel and Lead

A few weeks ago, before old man winter decided to come visit early, I was bowhunting and a coyote came right toward my treestand through the thicket. His nose was glued to the ground snuffling something and I watched him from 40 yards until he got to the edge of the thicket and turned broadside at 10 yards. Still moving, I followed him at full draw til he reached a clear spot and loosed the arrow. Solid impact and he ran with the broadhead buried in his chest, arrow sticking out. He went about fifty yards and crashed in a ditch and all was silent.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yote1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	230395
    This evening I was in a different stand and saw a decent buck but didn't have a clear shot. A few minutes later, two yearlings came running down the hill across the draw and past me at about 50 yards. Not five minutes later, a coyote came following in their tracks at a brisk clip. This area is pretty thick and though you can see over 100 yards in spots, it's hard to make a shot that far. I put the red dot on an opening in the branches in front of his path and when the yote broke cover, I fired. I didn't know if I'd hit him, but he turned and started coming almost straight at me. When he got to the next clear spot, I fired again and he piled up. Final shot was about 50 yards. I waited a while to see if any deer would come out but the onset of freezing rain and getting dark quickly got me out of the stand a bit early. I found one entry wound, high on the shoulder from the final shot. Must have missed the first time. No exit wound, I assume from the angle of the shot the bullet is probably lodged in the guts or offside back leg. He was a big male, I'd guess 40 lbs. Gun is self assembled frankenstein 300 Blackout AR pistol. 12.5" barrel. Liberty Mystic Suppressor. Vortex Strikefire red dot sight. Load is about 15gr IMR4227 with Lee C309-170F Alox lubed cast from 50/50 COWW and Pure lead plus a little tin. Bullets drop about 180gr and chronograph 1550fps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yote2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	230396

What are you doing with the furs? That is the main fur that have a market on it.I trap 2 today .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I try to kill all I see. If you don't keep them thinned down your deer and turkey herds will suffer.

Boolit Master

The trappers I have talked to claim that there is no money in them and they're not worth dealing with. I just drag them off for the buzzards to get

Boolit Master

They make nice hats.
    Wear fur it’s better than plastic clothing and it will anger the idiot peta types.

Quote Originally Posted by petroid View Post
    The trappers I have talked to claim that there is no money in them and they're not worth dealing with. I just drag them off for the buzzards to get