WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold dreary rainy UGH

Boolit Grand Master

Cold dreary rainy UGH

2 Dr appointments on a cold rainy morning. I can't think of anything to look forward too with less zeal. Usually, these don't bother me, but today is somehow different.
    OH WELL !! The rain should end tomorrow and sunshine makes everything look better.
    Thank GOD for tomorrows.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Look on the bright side, we had 2 days of rain, was 45 and then temps dropped till it started snowing and then went to teens at night. Snow on top of frozen rain. Yep only good thing is have plenty of time by the stove to cast and reload... Todd/3leg

Boolit Master

Wish GOD would send us that rain.

Kids in school up in Oxnard are wearing masks to go to class. Smoke everywhere.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Yeah, dreary today but the rain starts again this evening and lasts through till tomorrow evening. Forecast calls for a couple inches in the triangle. We had 4.5" the past couple days.

Boolit Master

Got 5 inches of snow yesterday morning, then around 1 inch or more of rain, temp dropped last night every thing is FROZEN solid. Yes rain is a problem NOT. Yep your lucky be happy!

When you think it's bad sometimes it's not. We could have had 24 inches first as it has happened before.

Boolit Master

We've had a nice easy rain for the last 3 days with temps in the high 40's and low 50's during the day and lows above freezing at night. I got to watch a mama Bear and a cub for more than an hour today. SO RELAXING!!!!

I feel for our left coast folks with their fires, no rain and wind. "These are the times that try men's souls" to quote a passage I remember from long ago. I pray GOD will show mercy on them soon.

Vendor Sponsor

This is New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice weather!!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Amen!
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Sorry Doug. I made Navy beans with diced smoked pork chops and rice. Warmed French bread buttered to get up the gravy. Let it rain!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

I usually go out to eat after a Drs appointment if possible. A nice set down meal ( I don't have to fix) seems to help some.

Banned
    Did you have to "bend over and cough ?

Rice sounds good ... I'm thinking sesame or cashew chicken.

Boolit Grand Master

Ha Ha. No bending over. That comes next month. I was just having less than a great day, compounded with the inconvenient weather.
    The Dr appointments were hers and mine but I have to handle the wheelchair in and out of the back of the van in the weather, and it is getting to be more of a chore.
    We too usually go out to eat afterwards, but that too requires lifting the
    wheelchair and yesterday was a raw rainy day when old arthur makes its self known..
    As we advance the path of life, things we once gave no thought to, become of primary importance. The wife and I have learned to accommodate the necessities of life by sharing responsibilities according to an ever changing ability. That's the formula for the 54 years we've shared. We have agreed to care for each other, at home, where my parents did the same for 63 years and passed holding our hands.
    Both our children live next door in order for all to care for each other. That took lots of prayers and some financial help.
    Not meant for a pity party, but the warm sunny days of summer have given way to the harsh weather that's coming, and I aint ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    This is New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice weather!!
    Mmm, That sounds good!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Ha Ha. No bending over. That comes next month. I was just having less than a great day, compounded with the inconvenient weather.
    The Dr appointments were hers and mine but I have to handle the wheelchair in and out of the back of the van in the weather, and it is getting to be more of a chore.
    We too usually go out to eat afterwards, but that too requires lifting the
    wheelchair and yesterday was a raw rainy day when old arthur makes its self known..
    As we advance the path of life, things we once gave no thought to, become of primary importance. The wife and I have learned to accommodate the necessities of life by sharing responsibilities according to an ever changing ability. That's the formula for the 54 years we've shared. We have agreed to care for each other, at home, where my parents did the same for 63 years and passed holding our hands.
    Both our children live next door in order for all to care for each other. That took lots of prayers and some financial help.
    Not meant for a pity party, but the warm sunny days of summer have given way to the harsh weather that's coming, and I aint ready for it.
    As long as momma has her rain bonnet, everything will be OK.

Boolit Master

Rain makes us appreciate the clear cool weather that follows.

Venison chili for me in front of a warm fireplace when it rains.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Moderator Emeritus

Sleet before and now snow. Staying put today. Make a fire. You don't mess with the roads around here in that condition if you can help it.

Boolit Master
    that show is hitting here now. just help unload new windows for the house. they start putting them in tomorrow.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

It's been the same here in central La. I had to run to my shop yesterday about 30 miles from here and there were snow flurries all morning. Just today the sun came out and it's pretty outside. It's supposed to get up to 64 tomorrow and 67 Saturday. I'll probably go motorcycle riding.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master

Well, Today dawned with bright sunshine and birds at the feeder. No appointments and no demands today. Even arthur is leaving me alone.
    I'll probably make it to the bench for a while.
    Life is good.

Boolit Master
    well they called for 1 inch we got 6+.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast