I ordered something last Friday the 9th they tell me it
    won't be here until Monday the 19th
    may want to get in touch with Amazon they know how to ship
    I limit what I order from Midway because of their shipping and
    use them as a last resort
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy
    Up until last week I lived four hours away from Columbia, Missouri. Midway was pretty fast about getting the items shipped. The problem came when it was shipped via UPS/USPS or FedEx/USPS.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I ordered a 3- pack of Ruger base pin springs on the 4th and they are just now supposed to be delivered today. (the 14th)

I'm not saying that is too long, because I wasn't in a rush for them. But it does seem to be a fairly long wait compared to other places I shop online.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Midway uses whatever shipping option you choose. The last order I placed was Saturday 10/20 and it was delivered Wednesday 10/24 and I selected the cheapest option.

I just looked in my Midway cart and for the items selected there are 5 delivery options ranging 11/15 to 11/27. If you select the cheapest and slowest option don't be surprised if it takes a little while, and I'm not sure how someone can blame Midway for the shipper taking their sweet time.

This can happen with any company. Last year I ordered some items from Brownells and they went from Montezuma Iowa(an hour east of me) to Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Olathe KS, Osseo, MN and then to Des Moines. That Fedex package traveled over 1,500 miles over the course of a week. On the trip from Olathe Ks to Osseo, MN it would have been a couple of miles from my house in Des Moines.

Boolit Master
    I have been buying from midway for 25 years never a problem. in fact I was buying from them before I had a computer would call the order in. never a problem. now you have your choice of the way you want it shipped. we are just a month away from Christmas the busiest shipping time of the year.

one other thing listening to some here I am glad I am retired and don't have to deal with the public.

Boolit Grand Master
    amazon ships free
    with certain subscriptions
    free is better than cheap and faster to
    most Amazon stuff is delivered by the usps
    and its even delivered on Sunday
    so blaming a certain carrier don't get them off the hook
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    I order a lot from midway and over the last few months they have been very slow 3 times,all other orders were here within 3 days and I feel that the problem was between them printing the label and it actually leaving midway

No retail company ships for free. They simply include the shipping cost in the price. It may work out that some people pay more and others less, but somebody paid for the shipping.

Boolit Master

I almost never use Midway anymore. I still try to use them, but after I load all the items I intend to buy into the cart and add the shipping cost Midway almost never comes out the cheapest. When I do buy from them, my package is sent by UPS to the post office and then delivered by the USPS. By doing this my package passes my house on the UPS truck one day, delivered to the USPS the next day, then to me the next day. It spends two days two miles from me before it is delivered.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    When I do buy from them, my package is sent by UPS to the post office and then delivered by the USPS. By doing this my package passes my house on the UPS truck one day, delivered to the USPS the next day, then to me the next day. It spends two days two miles from me before it is delivered.
    Don’t choose this shipping option. USPS final delivery is cheaper. Pay more for UPS delivery and you won’t have this problem.

I don’t buy from Midway. Anything I would order from them can be bought on Amazon. Cheaper price and I have it in two days. I’m a Prime member for their streaming service. So the shipping is an added bonus. W/ the volume I order I’m one of the people that pays less, a lot less for shipping. I take full advantage of the service they offer.

Boolit Master
    I go with a Midway order when they offer free shipping. I expect it o take a week. I like Midway.

Banned
    Have we, the consumer, become a bit spoiled in this world of jet powered air freight, computer controlled shipping, bar code readers, computer tracking right down to the final delivery driver, distribution hubs, 7 day a week delivery options, UPS, FedEx, USPS and a few other shippers ?

I'm not that old and I can remember looking through a paper catalog (that arrived in the mail), filing out a paper order form, getting a money order and mailing off my payment and order form. Then you waited.

Things have changed for the better but sometimes I think we've become the little obnoxious girl from Willy Wonka that said "I want it and I want it NOW" !
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 11-15-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I will try this again if you qualify for free shipping they don't give you an option to change it. Its Butterfield Overland Mail.

No, I don't want it now. 8 days for 250 miles is nuts and don't lie to me and be off by 4days.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

The beauty of a capitalist society is we can buy from whom we wish, or not as pleases us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12