Midway Shipping

I live in a border state to Midway

Ordered 11/12
    email shipped 11/13 no info with supplied tracking #

On 11/14 Tracking # update delivery on 11/20

Yes, 11/20 8 days to ship 250 miles.

Must coming by covered wagon
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Do you hold Midway responsible for the shipper? Perhaps Midway is held hostage by them too. Have you called Midway on it? Perhaps they will make you feel less abused by some discount or special they can offer. I don't think that Midway wants to abuse its purchasers.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've complained to MidWay about their tracking process ( useless in my opinion ) and long shipping times. Seems that it has fallen on deaf ears. Nothing has changed.

I think that MidWay is shipping the " bare bones " method with the shipper.
    They aren't paying much, they aren't getting much either.

Ben

Boolit Master

There are alternatives then. Should Midway feel the pinch of lost revenues, perhaps they would mend their ways.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

I have experienced the same problem. Used to be I could order early one day and remarkably receive the package the next day. Now the package is shipped out of MidwayUSA on time BUT the method used to complete the delivery involves TWO shippers, usually UPS then final delivery by USPS. That's when I contacted customer service and told them I would NOT be ordering from them in the future if they continued to use that method of shipping. MidwayUSA is making money on shipping charges using that method and I don't see that changing. I live in far SE KS and the distance from me to Midway is similar to yours.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Do you hold Midway responsible for the shipper? Perhaps Midway is held hostage by them too. Have you called Midway on it? Perhaps they will make you feel less abused by some discount or special they can offer. I don't think that Midway wants to abuse its purchasers.
    Yes I called Midway there sorry
    No discount or special offer I asked. They really dont care

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master
    sparky45

MidwayUSA is making money on shipping charges using that method

EXACTLY ! It is all about $$$$$$
    I don't think that MidWay is being held hostage by anyone. I think what MidWay is doing is by their choice.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I've complained to MidWay about their tracking process ( useless in my opinion ) and long shipping times. Seems that it has fallen on deaf ears. Nothing has changed.

I think that MidWay is shipping the " bare bones " method with the shipper.
    They aren't paying much, they aren't getting much either.

Ben

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned
    A little know fact, USPS does NOT own any cargo planes. all their air packages ride on UPS/Fedex planes in exchange for USPS delivering X amount of their packages.

They most likely ship by the cheapest method (ground) and just because you get a tracking number doesn't mean the package has left Midway yet.

I've found that most often, Midway is not the cheapest place to buy from. Do a little google searching and you could be pleasantly surprised.

There has been so many times that my things are shipped by others beside Midway that the tracking shows shipped and there's no further update in tracking until the items show delivered. A friend of mine put me on Sage Outdoors for a Gator gas check supplier. They shipped my 2000 checks the same day as the order was received and they were in my mailbox 2 days later. He told me that's standard procedure for Sage. They'll be getting all my check business from now on.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i have always had good service from midway. now you want to try useless try usps tracking. had packages arrive that never moved according to tracking had tracking say delivered never to be seen.

Boolit Master
    Buffalo Arms is also making a ton on their shipping fees. GF

Super Moderator

A lot of Midway's shipments via UPS go on piggyback trailers and ship by rail. I know the ones that come to me do anyway. Then they transfer to USPS at final destination. It's all a jumbled up mess. I once got a notification from UPS that my package was being delayed due to a train derailment.

My experience with Midway has been all good. The Post office lost a 35lb. RCBS Green Machine that was never seen again...

Midway uses an economy shipper that is usually very reasonably priced, and delivers promptly in my experience. If you want faster shipping, Midway offers other shipping options. You just have to be willing to pay for them.

That said, I usually contrast the final cost on identical orders at Midway and Graf and Sons before I place the order. Sometimes Graf comes in substantially lower. Other times I can't get everything I need from Graf, and would have to place a partial order with Midway. This is not an economical solution, so I place the entire order with Midway.

Shop around, get the best price. Sometimes it's Midway, sometimes it not.

Boolit Master
    Yessir, same here. Ordered 11/7, shipped 11/8, scheduled delivery NLT 11/13.

It is now 11/14, STILL WAITING!

I'm sure folks at the mail order houses all watch the web and especially these firearm forums. If I were customer service, I would be listening to this sort of stuff. Of course, listening is only that...
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Midway uses an economy shipper that is usually very reasonably priced, and delivers promptly in my experience. If you want faster shipping, Midway offers other shipping options. You just have to be willing to pay for them.

That said, I usually contrast the final cost on identical orders at Midway and Graf and Sons before I place the order. Sometimes Graf comes in substantially lower. Other times I can't get everything I need from Graf, and would have to place a partial order with Midway. This is not an economical solution, so I place the entire order with Midway.

Shop around, get the best price. Sometimes it's Midway, sometimes it not.
    WELL, I qualified for free shipping that said it would be delivered on the 16th with an email confirming the 16th and no option to update.
    Now it says the 20th

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I was wondering if it was just me that everything I order from Midway has been very slow to arrive in the past couple months. What I really hate is their "Nitro Express" shipping which really means you only have about 10 minutes to cancel an order if you forgot to order something. I had this happen not too long ago and called them and said they were sorry but it was already processing and that nothing could be done. They gave me instructions on how to return an item if needed. Little to say when I finally received the order a week later, I sent all of the items back since I had ordered from Midsouth Shooters Supply and received it before Midway's. Btw Midsouth's only took 2 days and they are of equal distance from me as Midway is. Midsouth or others get all of my business now. I guess it is the fact that they don't care anymore that makes me the angriest.

Boolit Master
    I do not blame Midway, once out of their hands, not much they can do. Plenty of shipping options, most of us take the cheapest. That means UPS/USPS sure post. Once the post office gets ahold of it, yea your looking at covered wagons. Sure post takes 2 days tops to get within 30 mi of my house, then another 2 days with the post office.

I pay the little extra, I can usually have a package at my door in 2 days.

Boolit Master

they choose the cheapest slowest shipping option they can. them, brownells, and a few others have fallen into the boat of making money from shipping, and not caring if it takes days to leave their property. neither used to be like that, but with them it has become the new normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast