Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to reload?

Boolit Master

Whichever stand you go with, you might want to consider Inline Fabrication’s quick change mount. You buy the plates that fit your reloading tools and are a snap to change on the mount. It’s a great system and will also serve you well when you end up with a more permanent reloading situation. I have one mounted on the Frankford Arsenal portable table at my vacation home and two mounted on my large bench at home so I can take tools and use them at both locations.

Boolit Master
    Wanted to say a up right tub with legs flat top school desk . Before that I used my lee hand press and screwed my powder measure to a heavy checker board I made in high school. I put the checker board on the Coffey table up side down then screwed the measure to it. I sat on the couch with the Coffey table in front of me . After I was done I put all my reloading stuff back in ammo boxes then stored it in my closet.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

When I was staying in my RV in Houston, "8.5 yrs". I had a metal picnic table outside and a gazebo covering it. I had built wood mounting brackets for my presses that I used a couple c-claps to hold them down.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Man
    I have something like (see below link) this in my workshop with two Dillon 650's and an RCBS C clamped to it. Very heavy duty solid table. Can store heavy items below too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seville-C...hoC4LQQAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by hlvabeach View Post
    I have something like (see below link) this in my workshop with two Dillon 650's and an RCBS C clamped to it. Very heavy duty solid table. Can store heavy items below too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seville-C...hoC4LQQAvD_BwE

Here it is:

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hlvabeach View Post
    Here it is:

That setup would Intimidate any room even with the small footprint. Great job but way to scary to show a wife. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    The gun range that I go to here has concrete benches, some of which are not on the firing line. I'm going to go to the lumber store tomorrow and get 3 two foot sections of 2x6 or 2x8. I'll bolt the reloading press and powder measure to one section and glue another section to the bottom of that. I will use a couple large C clamps and clamp all of it to a bench at the gun range.
    Last edited by ThomR; 11-15-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B540077-C1EB-4F89-976B-0F630E6BE6A9.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	230427 this is the type of desk I use to mount my press to

Boolit Grand Master
    I would buy cast bullets and mount a progressive press on something. My mentor lived in a one bedroom apartment and had two Stars mounted on wooden chairs. Seems to me the bulk of the savings are not from casting bullets but reloading. YMMV

This is based on just reloading for your IPDA needs.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by ThomR View Post
    My wife and I recently relocated to Reno. We are staying in a rather small apartment and I honestly don't have anywhere to keep my reloading stuff. For now all of my reloading stuff is in the back of my SUV.

We park our car in a 9 level parking garage, the top level is blocked off and there are only a couple vehicles on the 8th floor. I'm thinking about buying a small work bench that would easily fit in the back of said SUV and driving up to the 8th floor when I want to reload.

I could keep casting boolits the old fashioned way with a ladle, but I don't believe I could powder coat. I would just have to do the 45/45/10 tumble lube method.

I need to also figure out a way to clean my brass. I do have a tumbler, but that would drive my neighbors nuts, and I don't want to try to run it off of the power outlet in the back of my car.

The Carson Rifle and Pistol Club hosts IDPA matches twice a month and I would like to get involved with them. As such I don't want to buy ammo for the matches if I don't have to. I bought a box of 40S&W today from wallyworld and cringed the whole time.
    https://imgur.com/RhC0IJk

Here's some 40 S$W for You

Good Shooting

Lindy

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by varmintpopper View Post
    https://imgur.com/RhC0IJk

Here's some 40 S$W for You

Good Shooting

Lindy
    I'll be expecting a couple thousand rounds in the mail soon. I'll send you a five gallon bucket full of lead in return.

I've mentioned before, but I've a Jawhorse workbench/stand that I use with a lee single stage. It breaks down well, and you can put various tops on the thing. It's three legged and stable.
    I've resized 300BO from 223 and 22tcm with the thing and no issues with tipping.
    There are knockoffs that are cheap.

And NO, don't reload in the open. Just don't. Don't cast bullets either. TOO many questions can be asked. I'd be the range has a spot, or someone there. I'd be buying plated bullets and reload them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123