Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: WTS Freechex 3s, MP molds

Boolit Master

WTS Freechex 3s, MP molds

A handful of items:

I have a Freechex 3 for both 357 and 44.
    I bought them about a month ago on here. Turns out I already own more gas checks than any one man should need, and I barely use any GC designs for 44 or 357 anyway. You need to use an arbor press for these (the cheap harbor freight one works fine) but it will make the checks in one step, whereas with the Patmarlin checkmakers it takes multiple steps and you have to handle the little discs. These are not for making plain base checks, they make normal checks. Roofing flashing you can buy at Lowes / homeless despot is the material of choice, but hey, stick whatever you want to try in there.

$85 shipped for each, or both for $160 shipped. I think that's what the offer was when I bought them, so it's what I will stick with. SPF ON BOTH

MP Molds 8 cav aluminum 357429

I have made about a thousand or so of these but I picked up a 4 cav HP version. Shoots great! If you are shooting a more modern S&W and maybe some modern rugers you will need to use 38 special brass or crimp over the front band in 357 brass. Older, longer cylinders can handle this bullet in 357 brass. Regardless this is the quintessential 38 caliber SWC, with nice square lube grooves and all in the convenient 8 cavity Lee-style mold Mihec has taken to making.

$90 Shipped SPF

MP Molds 6 cav brass 356-130 no lube groove bevel base

This is an awesome mass production mold and with the bevel base you can really make it rain with this. My only reason for selling is that I picked up 8 cavity mihecs of similar weight in addition to a 147, so this is superfluous to me. It's a similar bullet to the Lee 356-125 2R. I think in wheel weight lead I ran around 132 grains from this. It made my Scorpion sing. There is some light rust on top of the sprue plate and rust on the bolt, but it will not affect function.

Note sprue plate discoloration and the rusty bolt. If it bothered you, I'm sure you could fix it for about $0.25. But I want it to be clear that this is not a NIB mold, although the function is not impacted in any way.

$85 Shipped

MP Molds 360-156 2 cav PB HP

Another classic, this is a take on the Skeeter Skelton favorite. This one has been around the block but is still in great shape. The person that owned it before me was a fan of mold release, and that stuff is impossible to remove- but it works fine. Comes with long pins (as pictured), penta, and flat. Two crimp grooves for both 38 spec and 357. It has been quite some time since I used this mold, but I seem to recall with the long pins it was around 145 grains?

$85 Shipped SPF

Also, as a special bonus for reading this far, and by that I mean get this **** out of my shop, I have a Lyman Mag 25 pot that has been disassembled (I took it apart to hook the PID back up, as it appears one of the wires had come loose when moving it). Disassembly turned out to be more of a pain in the butt than I anticipated. It also has no mold guide, as I removed the worthless factory one in favor of a NOE guide which has since gone to another pot. I was never fully happy with the Mag 25 (it would drip if above 75% full or so, and that made me a little biased against it, as for the cost it could stand to be drip-free), although it melts lead VERY fast, it's definitely packing more punch than its RCBS competitors. While it was disassembled I bought one of the new Pro-Melts, and have been much happier with it. So it's been laying in the corner of my shop under a bench for 6-7 months, with me having no desire to reassemble it or rewrap the insulation on it. It would be very simple to do so and have a fully functional pot with a built in and pretty accurate PID. But here's the kicker- it's totally free, but I'm not going to ship it (won't fit a flat rate box and getting to a shipping store during working hours is a pain). I would put it back together and sell it, but I can't in good conscience sell anything like that that was dissected and which I reinsulated, just in case something were to go bad. I live in between Reidsville and Eden NC. You meet me somewhere close, and by close I mean close, not on the other side of Greensboro or in Roanoke- and it's yours. No pictures because it's raining and I'm not walking out to my shop. GONE

Paypal strongly preferred.
    Last edited by Echd; 11-14-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Boolit Master

I would like to take the 357 check maker off your hands, pm to follow
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I'll take the 44 freechex, please.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

4. 11-12-2018, 11:38 PM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

Boolit Master
    Both freechex are SPF.
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 11-13-2018 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Removed discussion

Boolit Grand Master
    I'll take this one. PM is on the way.

$85 Shipped

MP Molds 360-156 2 cav PB HP

Boolit Grand Master
    I will take the 358429 8 cav. mold

Boolit Master
    Only the 356130 remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Echd View Post
    Only the 356130 remains.
    PM sent.