Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!! Computer problem!

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    When your done you should copy your hard drive to an external Hard drive and is it as your main data storage. This way when your computer dies all you need to do is plug the external hard drive into your next computer and you have all your data.
    Believe it or not, Microsoft makes a pretty easy to use little app/program called SyncToy that can be used to backup files to an external hard drive. It is the progam that I use for this purpose. When backing up your files it looks at the date the file was last modified and if the file on your HD has a newer modified date than the one on your external HD (or wherever your backup destination is) it will overwrite that file with newer version. I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but if you are running Windows, SyncToy is a good, simple app for backing up files.

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    The Microsoft junk software on Windows 10 machines that is supposed to simulate 2013 Windows Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) will work for about 90-days and then require you to purchase a license (PAY TO PLAY) in order to print, input spreadsheet line items, etc. That STINKS! What an underhanded trick! Plus, it will not open former MS Office files.

Here is a $12.99 opportunity (free shipping) located on Amazon.com that is compatible with 2018 Windows 10, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. For that low price, it is worth a try:

https://www.amazon.com/Business-Micr...10+64bit&psc=1
    Do not buy that. That is free to Download directly from liber office.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by WarEagleEd View Post
    Believe it or not, Microsoft makes a pretty easy to use little app/program called SyncToy that can be used to backup files to an external hard drive. It is the progam that I use for this purpose. When backing up your files it looks at the date the file was last modified and if the file on your HD has a newer modified date than the one on your external HD (or wherever your backup destination is) it will overwrite that file with newer version. I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but if you are running Windows, SyncToy is a good, simple app for backing up files.
    No need to use that program. File History is built into the OS and is accessible from the Control Panel. Set it up once and don’t worry again.

Boolit Master
    Thank you to all you wonderful people who posted computer advice for us at Ralph's request for information. I downloaded LibreOffice and it works wonderfully...I can also access all my old documents as well. Your support has been deeply appreciated! You're awesome!!! Prayers from all us Canadians for those affected by the terrible wildfires in California. Take care of yourselves...always thinking and praying for our allies in the US! Gail McMillan
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Buy a new computer, buy a new copy of word. Just way microsoft operates.

I use a free one off the internet.

In Remembrance

IF you have the original disks that installed MS Office on your old computer, and therefore the legit serial number for it, you can use that to install the suite on your new computer. I did that when I upgraded from an old laptop with Win7 to a new desktop computer with Win 10 (which I love, btw). I had to call MIcrosoft, and the fellow was very helpful (once I got past the language issues. He was obviously off shore somewhere). It required uninstalling the suite from the laptop, which was easy after transferring all the work files to the new computer.

Additionally, there's a utility that is worth buying for helping move all working programs from an old computer to a new one:
    ZINSTALL

I bought it, and connected the two computers through my network, and it transferred everything perfectly. Basically making a clone of the old computer onto the new one. It's a well spent $119. I ran it with the anti-virus running (they warn you that it will take a lot longer that way), but I wanted to be safe. Took a day and a half, and it was done. Without the antivirus running, it would have been done in a couple of hours. It's a safe to use utility.

That's my two cents worth.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12