Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GRAPHIC: Was This the Worst Hunting Accident Ever?

Boolit Bub
    Or a combination of ignorant user( remembering that ignorance can be cured by education) and a really stupid salesperson who failed to ask ,powder for what? Or ,was so uninformed that he thought it was the right powder( scary! ) At the risk of kicking a stone down a rocky slope,perhaps a minimum amount of training in propellents should be given to salespersons in the trade.while I have never been endeared of inlines ,being a traditionalist ,I find them,for the most part safe and well made firearms.The ML's have had more than their share of incidences through the years ,properly loaded and cared for they seem safe ,but every incident I have been aware of involved their use with smokeless powder,when with a black powder substitute or bp the story may have been no story at all.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldo View Post
    Found the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmsB...BhTCrfY3YCvOlj

Take a look at the difference between where smokeless barrels let go vs. obstructed barrels.
    Yeah ! good comparison - I notice some commenter saying that smokeless powder burns slower than black ? In the open air yes but under confinement in a barrel ? ---- no way that black burns quicker than smokeless pistol powder there.

Boolit Master

I have to say no. It is not the worst guy may have lost fingers BUT he is alive.

Seen many worse accidents but then I was a FF.

Boolit Grand Master

Apparently this isn't the case but it isn't brought up enough. Never load directly into the barrel from your powder horn/container. It is a very rare occurrence but does happen. A lingering ember can turn your powder container into a bomb and your hand may end up looking like the one in the photo. That's if you survive.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Back in the early 80’s one of our high school kids decided to take the shortcut through the woods during bow season. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem but he left his brain at home while wearing his nice brown corduroy coat with the nice fur collar. A bow hunter saw a flash of brown fur and let an arrow fly. Teen caught said arrow in his throat, pinning him to a tree. The broad-head nicked his jugular and he bled out in 15 minutes. Sometimes we “need” to worry about other hunters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sound hunters!
    Scourge of the art and practice of hunting!
    I often wonder how they would feel if "deer" would shoot back at them!!!
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    I've seen one that looked way worse. Guy was hunting with his 58cal Springfield musket he used reenacting. Crossing a fence with cap on cone, gun discharged hitting him in the elbow. Many hours in surgery managed to save the arm and the Xray is very impressive with the number of screws and plates holding his arm together. No wonder they just cut it off back during the War of Northern Aggression.
    A man cannot have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.
    Rudyard Kipling

Palmetto Sharpshooters
    North South Skirmish Association
    NRA Muzzleloading Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123