Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Point 9mm Carbine.

Boolit Master

High Point 9mm Carbine.

Well I did get one a little heavy but overall a nice little carbine it came with two extra clips I bought it from a friend for 3 bills. I've had it close to a month but shot it. With my Heart problems I ended up in the VA Hospital for almost a week, they put a pace maker in on the second of this month so I will have a lot of restrictions for 4 weeks from that date. I am feeling much better already though.
    My question is have any of you tried the Lee 120 gr TC boolits in this carbine.

They work fine as does the similar RCBS. 124gr TC. I use 4 gr. W231

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Master
    I ordered the Lee 6 cavity 120 TC today, along with a 9mm case length gauge trimmer and a loaded round 9mm EGW 7 hole max cartridge gauge chamber checker.

Boolit Master

I have run everything from factory ammo, cast RN and SWCs in my High Point. I have not found anything that it will not digest.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm on the verge right now and have done a lot of redsearch on Hi-Point carbines. I haven't read any bad reviews or poor tests on any of them. All calibers feed, fire, and extract reliably. Accuracy is good/acceptable for a pistol caliber carbine. Mine will be in 45 ACP...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Do not expect a accurate 1 moa gun.

This was meant to shoot steel targets and it dose that very well.

It's heavy so no kick.

My only compalaint is the charging handle is poor and is prone to walk out on you.

Oh and my beard gets caught on the stock.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

3-4 MOA should be achievable with that boolit. We even shot some 158 grain SWC out of a HiPoint. They cycled just fine. Though, air compression in the case would spit the boolit out if you didn't crimp it enough!

Boolit Master

Barrels tend to be oversize, mine leaded badly @356, go to 357 or 358 size. In spite of the leading, it shot the Lee 120TC well to 35 yds.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee;4505326[B
    ]Barrels tend to be oversize[/B], mine leaded badly @356, go to 357 or 358 size. In spite of the leading, it shot the Lee 120TC well to 35 yds.
    I had to go to .359 to get any kind of accuracy. With the LEE TC bullet, which is what I use in my 9MM handguns with excellent results, shotgun patterns at 25 yards were the norm.

Neighbor gave me some 125 gr., more or less, RN sized .359, which work quite nicely. Unfortunately my TC mold doesn't drop anywhere near that size so a new mold will be forthcoming. Looking at the ARSENAL .358 130gr. RN or the 358242 125 gr. RN Lyman clone.

Nevertheless, these little guns are just about TOO much fun. I also have a 40 S&W and when I can scrape together enough coin I'll have the 10MM.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master

Those things are heavy for what they are and as ugly as 100 miles of dirt road, but they shoot most anything you can stick in them fairly well. I'm looking at one in 45ACP for SWMBO and the Grandson.

Boolit Master
    I have a high point 40 S&w carbine. Always wanted a 9 mm also. My gun shoots about anything also.it shoots decent at 25 to 50 yards with the lee tc bullet. with hs6 and that bullet at 25 yards it usally puts a mag full in a raggered hole

Boolit Grand Master

Funny, I asked about this gun on two other forums, viewed 3 youtube videos, did a google search and castboolit.com members are the only ones I read that spoke negatively the Hi-Point carbines...

Tough crowd? Or gun snobs?
    Last edited by mdi; 11-15-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Funny, I asked about this gun on two other forums, viewed 3 youtube videos, did a google search and castboolit.com members are the only ones I read that spoke negatively the Hi-Point carbines...
    We casters and handloaders are a tough room. I've seen precious little negative press here, seems like everyone likes them.
    I want one in .45 next time I get one- handgun or carbine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Tough crowd? Or gun snobs?
    Please explain how you arrived at that conclusion. The only negative I have seen, other than they butt ugly, (however still loveable) is that some don't like certain ammo. I have some fairly high dollar guns that don't like certain ammo but that doesn't make them bad guns, nor do I speak negatively of them.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

I had one but I too didn't like having my beard plucked every time I shot. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Do not expect a accurate 1 moa gun.

This was meant to shoot steel targets and it dose that very well.

It's heavy so no kick.

My only compalaint is the charging handle is poor and is prone to walk out on you.

Oh and my beard gets caught on the stock.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    Please explain how you arrived at that conclusion. The only negative I have seen, other than they butt ugly, (however still loveable) is that some don't like certain ammo. I have some fairly high dollar guns that don't like certain ammo but that doesn't make them bad guns, nor do I speak negatively of them.
    Posts #7, #8, #10...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    #10 includes "I'm buying another", how's that negative?

Boolit Master

Posts #7, #8, #10...
    A 9mm that eats 158 grain semi wadcutters, how is that negative?

Boolit Master
    I guess some folks would complain even if they were hung with a new rope. Oh well.

Boolit Master
    I have not even shot mine yet but I checked out the reviews on the net and on here and saw very little negative response. After handling mine, at this point the only thing I see that's negitive about it is the length of the stock I'm 6'3" but I am sure I can come up with a cure for that or just work around it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast