Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Another annealing question

Boolit Man

Another annealing question

I'm about to order some more .45 gc's. Gator checks have a better price point than Hornady but are advertised as 'gilding metal copper'. Gilding metal has a fair amount of tin in it and is 'hard' in my experience...at least harder than pure copper. Question, does anyone on here anneal Gator checks? Is it recommended? Do Gator checks stay on well? Hornadys have a little 'grip ridge' that bites the shank of the bullet. I have NO experience with Gator checks but willing to try them.

In Remembrance
    Great ? We started our business making checks with almost pure cooper. Being softer and darker in collor they were shunned because they did,nt look like Gators or Hornady. We finally found some gilded cooper and started using it also It is a toss up from our customers which is best. I think it is a Ford Chev thing. We have noticed commercial guys like the softer copper for there auto machinery. Personaly, I use all aluminum for my shooting needss. My 2 cents

Boolit Man
    Sagebrush7, you still make GC's? I'm in central AL, near Lake Martin. I'd like to try a few of these if they are softer than traditional jacket material. If they are just a bit harder than 'pure' copper, I can live with that, if the price is right. Give me your contact info.