Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old keith bullet

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    Been thinking about this. I picture the mouth of the case coming to the bottom of the front driving band when it is crimped. Conventionally speaking this is deep as you can seat if you use the crimp groove. If you can't seat that deep when crimping then the design would be faulty by your explanation. All my Keiths are seated as I described above.
    Just dont over think this. It is a one cavity mold. I have shot some of them. I dont intend to use these bullets except for nostalgia purposes and therefore it is no big deal. It is an old mold. Therefore it needs TLC. I have two H&G 503 molds and they are different from one another. I have the H&G 326 mold too so I am well set plus I have an NEI 260-429 mold. Plus an LBT "Keith".
    Just for nostalgic purposes is what this mold is for.

Again I mean no hurt, harm, anguish or turmoil by my post I have posted on this posted subject. I am not baiting, trolling or calling out anyone. I am making a post based on my experience, knowledge and/or belief or opinion. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    Just dont over think this. It is a one cavity mold. I have shot some of them. I dont intend to use these bullets except for nostalgia purposes and therefore it is no big deal. It is an old mold. Therefore it needs TLC. I have two H&G 503 molds and they are different from one another. I have the H&G 326 mold too so I am well set plus I have an NEI 260-429 mold. Plus an LBT "Keith".
    Just for nostalgic purposes is what this mold is for.

Again I mean no hurt, harm, anguish or turmoil by my post I have posted on this posted subject. I am not baiting, trolling or calling out anyone. I am making a post based on my experience, knowledge and/or belief or opinion. That is all.
    Not over thinking this. Just getting the picture of what megasupermagnum said.

Boolit Master

I think we have to consider that Keith started his casting from single cavity molds with integral handles.

It's easiest to get a single cavity mold to release then any other type.

And Keith merely took another older design and put a crimp groove at the bottom of the front driving band.

There are so many variations on the Keith "bullet" that it hardly matters any more.
    I have a RCBS #430-245-KT and a pair of LYMAN 2CAV #429421 molds, one bought in new 1976 and the other used about 8-9 years later. Those last 2 put out slightly different bullets. So 3 molds & 3 different bullets.

Doesn't seem to really matter much. I just make sure to sort properly when I cull the bullets cast from the 2 LYMAN molds.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12