MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bisley Love...

Boolit Man
    All I can say is that 480 Bisley felt like I had it custom made for me..lol

45 Colt both standard and plus P, along with 44 mag. and special are all my 58 year old hands can stand. Very very little full power 44 mag. I like shooting a lot (75-150 rounds per range session) and recoil spoils a fun time. Ill be fine if I never fire a 480 Ruger, but of course a reloader can make it as mild or wild as they want. But yes, the bisley grip frame is a wonder for single actions.

Boolit Master
    "All I can say is that 480 Bisley felt like I had it custom made for me..lol"
    Beg, borrow or steal the money to RUN back to the store to buy it. If you don't,, you will always lament the loss of not doing so.
    The only thing I would do otherwise is to call them & get a manager on the line & request they make sure they still have it,, and ask for a hold on it. A 3 hour drive to find it gone will only deepen the sorrow over not getting it.

I say these things as I teach handgunning,, and one of my lessons is; "Find a gun that fits YOUR hands."

Banner Sponsor

It won't do you any good if it's sitting in the safe at home.
    In reading some of John Linebaugh's writings, he has coined the term, the 3 P's. He says that a pistol needs to be Powerful, Practical, and Packable.
    If I'm getting in and out of the truck alot, I really like my 4 5/8 stainless 45 colt Blackhawk in a cross draw holster. If I'm sitting in a deer stand, then I don't mind packing a bigger pistol in a BFR bandolier rig.

Boolit Buddy
    I have two Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter models with the Bisley grip, one .44 Mag and the other in a .45 LC. I load both pretty stout and couldn't be happier with the feel and function of the Bisley grip design. I've been in search of the .41 Mag to round-off my big bore trio of Hunter models, wouldn't mind having the .22LR/.22WRM version as well.

Boolit Master

I keep hoping for that person that loves the round trigger guard 44 Mag SS Super Blackhawk and wants to get rid of their SS Bisley, Especially if it is Hunter model.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    All of my single actions (except for the single sixs) are Bisley grip frames. They are very comfortable and they really let you ride the recoil.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE View Post
    I have two Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter models with the Bisley grip, one .44 Mag and the other in a .45 LC. I load both pretty stout and couldn't be happier with the feel and function of the Bisley grip design. I've been in search of the .41 Mag to round-off my big bore trio of Hunter models, wouldn't mind having the .22LR/.22WRM version as well.
    I have the Bisley Hunter trio and all of them shoot very well. My favortie is the 45 colt but the 41 isnt far behind. I havent seen a 41 Bisley Hunter for sale in a while, but I hope you find one.
    Last edited by Lefty SRH; 11-21-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12