RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Spirit of GOD

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Romans 8;26

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Isaiah 61;1

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners.

The Bible says that we are dead in sins and trespasses. Our spirit within us, made in us is dead toward GOD until we accept GOD as Lord . Through profession of faith and baptism we are given the Holy Spirit . No amount of 'good works' can save us . Paul told Titus in Titus 3:5-7 .

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

All our good works and all the good things that we have done are not going to save us. We are saved by the mercy of God, by the grace of God. It is something we didn’t earn, something we didn’t work for. It is the gift of God, the gift of salvation.

John 3;3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Romans 8;14

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Romans 8;6

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

Romans 8;16

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Jesus Christ came . Emmanuel ...GOD with us . He lead , he taught by his acts and words , he was the perfect living example . He lived with us and died a sacrifice on the cross to save us . He never meant to leave us alone after he ascended , he offers the Holy Spirit to lead , guide , teach and help us . Christ will never abandon us but we can abandon him ...choice . We are given choice .

John 3;16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We carry the Spirit of GOD within us .

The Spirit of GOD has been here since the beginning .

Genesis 8;15

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Our Savior Jesus Christ seeks a personal relationship with each of us . The Holy Spirit provides us a bridge or way to our Lord and the help we need to accomplish that relationship . Christ provides all we need for it to happen . The requirements are simple in understanding our weakness and realizing he provides our strength .

Matthew 18

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
    Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

Romans 8;15

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

We do not have to carry the weight or sin of this world .
    Last edited by Boaz; 11-28-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Boolit Master
    The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

Isaiah 61:1

i say this as a guy who was blind 2 years ago, couldn't speak or stand, and who the docs said would be dead in a few weeks. now i tell people that God is alive in me.

Praise GOD !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Abba is the familiar term a Jewish child of that time would use to address their father. The best English translation is "daddy".

i was told "papa"

Boolit Man
    (ESV Jn 4:21-24) 21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

This pericope is definitely one to study. I was just studying this one over the weekend and found your thread.

God demands our worship. Worship in ignorance is empty, so you need to know the truth of that which you are worshiping. As Calvin said in his commentary, "God, whose essence is Spirit, as well as light (1 Jn 1:5) and love (1 Jn 4:8), will share His Holy Spirit, through the Son, at the completion of his work."
    SAF Patron (Life) | GOA (Life) | NRA Benefactor (Life) | MSRPA (Life)

It's Aramaic for "Father" Hebrew is a dialect of the Aramaic language group. Actually Hebrew is a southern dialect, or Canaanite. Abba is translated into Greek as Ho Pater which is "The Father"

Actually Jesus's first language would have been Palestinian Aramaic
    Last edited by armednfree; 11-29-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Philippians 1;19

For I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.

Galatians 5;16

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

The Spirit of GOD literally lives within us . Christ did not abandon us in this fallen world , we carry him everywhere we go . He is always there to guide , give strength and lead us when we seek the Spirit . Our Lord wants us to succeed through him , he does not want us to fail . We through our faith know he dwells within us .

Banned
    "But when anyone turns to the Lord the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. And we who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord are being transformed into His likeness with ever increasing glory which comes from the Lord who is the Spirit."
    One of my all time favorite passages of Scripture.

Lets read Acts 2 . I have so far and will continue to not interpret it beyond possibly historical , cultural , scriptural or historical fact . I have been accused of preaching in the past , I do not preach . I am a layman , I have a high school education and have only used my hands to make a living my whole life . I'm an Independent Baptist but have no inclination to convert anyone to my church . I believing that our Lord has put us all on different paths to him .

We share the commonality of believing in the same one true living GOD . We share the same commitment and responsibility to confirm , encourage and spread the word and gospel , Christ told us to do these things . As a rule I ask more questions than give answers , encouragement to seek through GOD's word , prayer and seeking the Spirit to find what GOD would have in your life . We honor and glorify GOD through our combine commitment to love one another as he commanded .

Acts 2 speaks of the Pentecost , the Spirit of GOD was present and played a pivotal role in the apostles spreading the gospel and offer of salvation as is self evident in the scripture . Judas Isariot had hanged himself and Mathias was asked to join the apostles bringing their number back to twelve . In Acts 1;8 Jesus had already told them he would empower them through the Holy Spirit to accomplish their mission .
    Acts 1;8
    But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

They were gathered in a house in Jerusalem , Mary the mother of Jesus was there as were other followers . There were many of other nations and spreading the gospel was a problem through the different languages until the intervention of GOD's Holy Spirit .

Acts 2
    Coming of the Holy Spirit
    2 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
    The Crowd’s Response
    5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.” 12 So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?”
    13 Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.”
    Peter’s Sermon
    14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
    ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
    That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
    Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    Your young men shall see visions,
    Your old men shall dream dreams.
    And on My menservants and on My maidservants
    I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
    And they shall prophesy.
    I will show wonders in heaven above
    And signs in the earth beneath:
    Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
    The sun shall be turned into darkness,
    And the moon into blood,
    Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
    And it shall come to pass
    That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
    Shall be saved.’
    22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him:
    ‘I foresaw the Lord always before my face,
    For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
    Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad;
    Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope.
    For You will not leave my soul in Hades,
    Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
    You have made known to me the ways of life;
    You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’
    29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
    34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:
    ‘The Lord said to my Lord,
    “Sit at My right hand,
    Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’
    36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
    37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
    38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
    A Vital Church Grows
    40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” 41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
    46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Psalm 51;10

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

in Remebrance
    Thank you. I have much to ponder. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling