Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Pedersoli Creedmore Rolling block

Boolit Master

Pedersoli Creedmore Rolling block

Does anyone have experience shooting this gun offhand?

Banned

didn't have a creedmoor version, have had a .45-70 bodine 34" and three 30" silhouettes in both .45-70 and .40-65 cartridges. the 34" bodine was a bear for offhand for me, the 30" barreled guns were fine for offhand at 200 yards for me.

I believe the Creedmoor version is also a 34"? If it's true to Creedmoor rifle types it should be 34". If it is, it's not the best choice for offhand work, unless they lighten the contour to keep it under the 10 lb. original Creedmoor rules. Original 34" Creedmoor rifles have very nice balance due to the lightweight 34" barrels, and are great offhand shooters.
    So the real question is what weight barrel does the Pedersoli Creedmoor use?

Banned

depends on which pedersoli creedmoor rifle too, there are at least a few iterations and i've found the spex of pedersoli guns to sorta change over time. for me, the 34" bbl was just too dang long and muzzle heavy, and the entire bodine w/sights weighed over 13#. threatened to shorten it and wound up selling instead and getting a pair of adobe walls rollers in .45-70 and .40-65.

I personally love long barreled single shots. I wish I could find even more, but most aren't good for offhand work with std. weight barrels that long. My Hepburn Match B is the exception as it has Remington's Creedmoor barrel on it, so it's under 10 lbs. total weight and the long barrel feels extremely light.
    With iron sights a long barrel makes them much more accurate for my use. Plus I just think they look aesthetically pleasing with those longer barrels!
    My 34" lightweight Hepburn next to my standard weight 30" Ballard:

Boolit Master
    That Hepburn is my dream gun! In wanting it in 40-50.

I'm thinking about another gun. I see the Pedersoli creedmore in 357 mag for 1375.00 it looks like a good choice for offhand shooting. It's 30" and 10.35lbs I just was not sure about the stock design.

I have been struggling with a Uberti 1885 Schutzen in 32-20. It sprays lead bullets in a pattern. It shoots some cheap Rainer .312 plated bullets pretty well. Just don't have time to figure it out right now. I will more than likely rebarrel it.

Just thought this Creedmore in 357 would be a good 50yd offhand gun.
    Buying a creedmore anything for 50yds just seems wrong.u
    Last edited by GARD72977; 11-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Sorry for the off topic,

Does Pedersoli spell Creedmoor creedmore ?
    Is that why we see it misspelled so often?

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled program.
    Chill Wills

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    Sorry for the off topic,

Does Pedersoli spell Creedmoor creedmore ?
    Is that why we see it misspelled so often?

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled program.
    They use the correct "Creedmoor" ... as we know, that's the concatenation of "Creed's Moor", the Queens, NYC, Creed family farmland the NRA used for that famous long range rifle shoot out twixt the USA and Ireland. Imagine a 1000 yard match in the middle of New Yawk Sitty!? My how times have changed. The psych center on that land still uses the same name, the infamous Creedmoor Psychiatric Center. Been there, but not as a patient (if I remember correctly ).

Boolit Master
    This is just me misspelling the word. I promise it will not distract from the fun I will have shooting one!

I'd agree that a long 34" Creedmoor barrel would be overkill for 100 yds. or less. And also agree on the .40-50 Sharps Straight being a really great cartridge! I've only owned one in that caliber for about 18 months, so still working on it. But I'm so infatuated with it so far that I'm building a 2nd gun that was going to be a .40-65 Win. but changed it to be another .40-50SS! It is a 34" barrel also, where my other is a 30" half octagon.

If your Uberti 1885 isn't shooting good groups, have you slugged the bore and tried different weight bullets to see what it likes in the correct groove size? The .32-20 has always been an extremely accurate round for me, and I'd think a brand new gun should really shoot it well.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    This is just me misspelling the word. I promise it will not distract from the fun I will have shooting one!
    I like you response!

CREEDMR

Yes! Do have fun!
    Chill Wills