Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A lost child.

A lost child. Update! Home safe!!

Had to report my son as a runaway a week ago friday.

I been divorced from his mother for 12 years now, he is 16. I took him for visits every weekend or every other weekend depending on schedules. Got to watch him grow up.
    Good kid, very smart, almost too smart for his age. Youngest of three.

He ran away from his moms back in mid march, he was gone for a week. She found him while they were hanging wanted posters, in fact when they spotted him he took off running, my son in law jumped out of the van and chased him down and caught him.
    The ex-wife had enough and brought him to live with me that night. (this is a story in its own). He arrived at our house, cold, tired and hungry. Not to mention drugged up on something, no idea! We fed him and let him sleep for a day and a half.
    Fixed him up his own room, got him in school and he has been doing decent since moving in. Decent grades, C's a one D and an F in math. Gave him an allowance regulated by a chore list, got him a computer, airsoft stuff and a year pass to an airsoft field, a phone, maybe I spoiled him??? I know his mom did not do much for him.

Our trouble started the week of Halloween, Halloween night gave him a curfew, he blew it by an hour and a half, I thought not that big of a deal, we stayed out late when we were kids on that night. Next night he wanted to go to a friends house after school, gave him a curfew and he blew that by 2 hours, we even checked the freinds house that night and he was not there! Ugh! That was a long night after he got home, went to bed thinking we had it under control.
    Friday night he texted the wife saying he missed the bus at school and would take the late bus home. Sounded odd but ok. I went to meet the late bus and he never got off the bus, he wasn't even on it. Called, texted and even messaged him on FB and no answer, another long night and he never came home.
    We reported him as a runaway Saturday afternoon.

I had a gunshow Saturday and Sunday (vender) only did half the show Saturday way too tired.
    Sunday morning I got in my car to go to the show and my son contacted me saying he was ok, told him the door was open and he needed to come home, that was it no responce. Got to the show and the wife called said the boy texted her and said he wanted to come home and was stranded at wal mart, another town 6 miles away, she told him she would come get him,, she did but he was not there, she texted him and he said he was inside looking around, so she went in looking for him, no luck. She texted him again and he replied he was in the bathroom and would be a bit. She called me right away and the bells went off in my head, I told her to get home he's there and to call the police and tell them whats going on. 20 minutes later wife gets home finds front door unlocked, fridge door wide open and back door wide open. The kid grapped his winter clothes, coat,phone charger, 2 peices of fried chicken and his sneakers and bailed out the back door. The boy played us good!

During this past week I've been sending him messages just to let him know the doors open, some times he replys some times not, when he dose its always short responces.
    Least I know he is ok I guess.

Yesterday about noon my wife came home from doing errands and was welcomed home by a small fleet of local cops and 2 from the next town over and one police detective. They wanted to know the wereabouts of my boy, wifes a firecracker so she told the local PD, you know $&@? well he is a runaway and that we have been hounding you about finding him all week. The out of town pd and detective did not know this for some reason?? Anyway the non local pd and detective told my wife that my boy has been running with another kid thats 16 and is wanted for armed robbery and wanted to know if they or him was hiding here. My wife went into panic mode. I came home from work and talked with the pd and asked lots of questions and just got "this kids a minor and we cannot divuldge that info" speel. Yet they gave us that boys name but would not tell us what our boys involment might be???

So now were totally dumbfounded!!! Lost!! worried and at the edge of our seats with this. Been trying to live a somewhat normal life all week but it's been aweful hard for us.

Guess I just venting or babbling? Kind of on our own with this as his siblings have ther own familys and busy lives. His mother told me yesterday she's concerned but cannot be troubled with it so good luck. (like I said another story here)
    Me and the wife are all alone with this, really no family left between us other than the kids. Been a hard week and now with this new info, what you do???
    Still trying to live, still trying to smile, just soo hard.
    Been lucky I guess, five kids and three grandchildren and so far so good, till now.

Sorry its soo long! Talking (writing) helps some.

Trying to keep our heads up in Colo!
    Last edited by Remmy4477; 11-20-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Boolit Bub
    It's a difficult situation, I hope he finds his way home soon.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My mother went thru the same with my 3 sisters at different times, she spent many a night pacing the floor,no sleep and chain smoking. I hope they find your son before he digs himself a hole he can't climb out of.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    The DRUGs are winning. He is already wanted for Armed Robbery.

All your weapons must be secured.

Anything is possible unless he goes and gets the help he needs. You are not safe

Tough love is one of hardest things a man must do.

PM your Phone # if you want to talk.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

best thing for him at this point is for the cops to catch him, and lock his sorry immature butt up.

Boolit Master
    Very sad to hear. Prayers from here.

If you have not already, would make sure your home(as well as your valuables/firearms,etc..) is secure. It may not be him, but the other kid who covets what you might have & decide to take your stuff for his own uses. Also, if you & your missus do not CC, you should at least do so when entering your home & around your home for at least the reason of his "associates" maybe deciding to come to visit "uninvited".

I hope this works out well in the end for all of you... Be safe & it is good to talk about these things when your heart hurts like I imagine it does... Do not feel bad about talking about things that trouble ya. I talk to my Lord when issues trouble me. Maybe that is an option for you as well if you have not done so already.

Best wishes that your troubles end soon in a good way.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know what to say that will make you feel any better, but I'll pray for you and your family. Stick by his side when you do find him and hopefully they/you can get him the help he needs

Super Moderator

We are going through the very same thing with my wife's youngest daughter (from a previous marriage). She's on the streets of Seattle now, doing drugs and constantly being arrested. We check on her from time to time through the court reports. We fully expect to get that call sooner or later, that she is dead. It's Meth, and sadly there is seldom a happy outcome from that one. They will either hit rock bottom and get sober, or die. This has been going on for years now, so we expect the latter. Your son is still quite young, so hopefully he will straighten up and fly right. There's still hope! People make their own choices in life, and when it's drugs the family is the ones who suffer the most pain it seems. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We know exactly how you feel, it really stinks.

Boolit Buddy
    Phone might be trackable to find him, hopefully you get to him before he to deep.
    Stay strong

Boolit Master

I will Pray for you and yours.
    My Little Brother was trouble from day one. Our Parents divorced when we were 10yrs & 11yrs respectfully. We lost our big house, pool & Dogs. We had to move to an apartment in another city. My 2nd Brother turned 18yrs old and was drafted into the army. Straight to Vietnam.

He died in Vietnam a year later, our Eldest Brother a year after that. Then I went.
    My Little Brother was doing drugs and missing school, my DAD tried to deal with on weekends. Fishing, Hunting & Camping. My Mother was a mess, She had moved again to take care of her ill Father just before I left for the NAVY. My Sister had just Married, It was just Mom, her Dad & my little Brother. He and I had destroyed bedroom & living room furniture, trying to control him. He ran away from home, the PD dragged him back, He ran away from the Military School my DAD put him in, more drugs, petty theft.
    Then My Grandfather died while I was overseas, My Mother Telegraphed her Congressman, they dragged me out of 'Nam so fast I was spinning for a week. (My Grandfather was Head of Household) They let my little Brother out of the Youth Authority for the Funeral. We had our usual fight after the Funeral. He took off, went up to our DAD'S House. Busted into His Garage, stole My motorcycle & killed himself on it.
    My Mother went into a Rest Home for six months.

The NAVY was pretty good about it. Gave me extra leave and Stationed me close to my Mom.

I will Pray very hard for you. I understand how hard this is. Hold him as close as you can, Love Him and PRAY HARD. SO VERY HARD.

Sorry, when I see others Pain, mine kinda just wells up inside me and pours hard.

I will Pray very hard for you. GOD BE WITH YOU.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Thanks for all the kind words and prayers everyone.
    I know the drug road, Lost a half brother to them and he was in a drug rehab center when he overdosed. My full younger brother is hooked on meth and thats not looking good.

It's just my son is so smart and has some great talents, still cannot figure out the why when we were treating him so well?? Lost on that one.

To answer a few questions. Yes we changed the locks on the house, he can still get into one room but thats our enclosed patio and I am ok with that, just encase he comes home in the middle of the night or ?? at least he can get out of the weather.

The guns have been in the safe since day one, regretfully only one key but thats on me all the time.
    Trying to stay busy to keep the stress down.

We did learn this morning through the Brighton PD our son is not wanted on charges or anything, they were just hoping they could ask him questions about the other boy.
    So in a way thats good news for what it worth.

Boolit Master
    You are in our prayers.
    I found my way home,it can be done, only time will tell. He will have to go threw this alone. ( I was lucky I knew Christ )

Keep loving and praying for him. Do not trust him.

Ronnie Landry
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Don’t blame yourself. It has nothing to do with the way you were treating him. Good or bad. These are decisions he must make on his own. I hope it all works out for the best, and will keep your family in my prayers.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    I don't have any advice to help you but we will keep you and your family in our prayers.

If you don't mind giving your son's first name, I would like to pray for him. God be with you and your family.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

I will pray too.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Grand Master

Change your locks, get a safe if you don't have one already and make sure your valuables are in it. Not so much for your son but whoever he is running with and he/they don't sound too hot.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. My oldest sister was the same. Run away, drugs, theft etc...finally killed herself on drugs. Tough stuff but you sounded like you did the best you can do. Don't blame yourself, sometimes no matter what you do it is not enough.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Thanks everyone.
    My boys name is Dalton.
    Been a long week! Today was a killer with a quiet house!
    Praying!!

Boolit Master
    METH When you ask why they keep doing it they say , "Trying to get HIGHER than that first time. The only "HIGHER ' than that one is death...

Until he WANTS to straighten up, he won't. Prayers are sent for Dalton. May life kick his *** so hard it reaches his brain.
    That's my story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast