Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingPBcastco
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations For AR15 lower parts kit

Boolit Buddy

That Larue is a great deal. They were $200 not too long ago.

Not a good trigger for a plinking arm without the heavy spring. At least in my use. YMMV
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Banned

one of the lower parts kits I bought from them had the enhanced trigger group. Was actually pretty impressive for what it cost. Trigger was as good or better then many of the newer bolt guns ive bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelgunConvert View Post
    I didn’t see what you were planning to use it for? Plinking and General camp/ truck use, PSA polished trigger group is decent for $30ish and it’s frequently on sale. A little time with some flitz on a low speed polishing wheel and it is even better. Add a setscrew or adjustment pin into the grip threads and the creep is tuneable for 0.50 to 15$.

Planning on more precision target or varmit work, lots of nice choices under $200. My first choice is ELK, then Wisconsin trigger.

There is a lot of hands on information that is real world approach on thenewrifleman.com

My word of caution is to avoid the Swiss Army knife approach as you can add so much weight that you’ll have to get your wife to carry it to the car.

Bevan

Boolit Master
    If you shop around, you can find just the small parts for pretty cheap. Some get all hung up on brands, when I really doubt it matters who made the take down detents or springs. All I wanted were the springs, detents. Have several mil spec triggers, no use for more. Or pistol grips I will not use, or another mil spec trigger guard, or add to my collection of mil spec selectors. Think I have 5 of the standard selectors now. Im a lefty so always get ambi, no point in paying for parts you wont use. I think it was $8 for the pins, springs, detents, mag release. Then get the trigger you want, grip, trigger guard.

I got a flash sale from Primary arms not long ago, $200 drop in trigger for $90. Will wait for a sale to buy another and still need a 3rd. After a drop in, screw mil spec or even enhanced.

Vendor Sponsor

PSA'a EPT trigger and hammer suits me just fine. It is not a target trigger and neither did I want a target trigger. It breaks clean and crisp, not too light.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

Yup to me a good ar trigger is about a 5lb trigger that breaks clean. If you have a dedicated long range gun or varmint gun a bit less is better but for a self defense gun or one that does double duty I don't want much less then 5lbs. Bottom line is I shoot a 5lb crisp trigger better then I do a vague 3lb trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    PSA'a EPT trigger and hammer suits me just fine. It is not a target trigger and neither did I want a target trigger. It breaks clean and crisp, not too light.

Boolit Grand Master

I've bought lower kits from several including Anderson, PSA, S&W etc. Last 2 were from Black Rifle Depot. All worked fine.

Geissele is the drop in i see most often mentioned on forums but i have no experience with them
    Last edited by jonp; 11-13-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Master
    I used a PSA lower kit and have been happy with it. My son and a son in law both have AR's that they spent several hundred more on, and both have said they like my trigger as good as theirs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12