Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Mags

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Shot View Post
    There are some pretty straight forward youtube videos about glock mag disassembly/reassembly.

Example (if I'm doing this right): https://youtu.be/rJq_gYUPqQU
    That is pretty dang slick. I just need to find one of my punches that fit the base plate hole.
    Big Bore = 45+

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Shot View Post
    There are some pretty straight forward youtube videos about glock mag disassembly/reassembly.

Example (if I'm doing this right): https://youtu.be/rJq_gYUPqQU
    Yep /\ It's pretty straight forward. I think a lot of folks over think this.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MGySgt View Post
    Yep - and yes I clean my mgs for my carry guns too. They get lint and dust in them - don't wnt a mag malfunction if I need my carry gun.
    I definetly clean my carry guns too.

What kind of lube are you using on your cast boolits? I fire a fair bit of cast and never get enough crude to warrant cleaning. The problem we have in this region with gun mags is fine sand. I will ram a mag brush into a magazine in between stages

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    is this what your looking for https://www.glockstore.com/Double-Diamond-MDT
    Got one....works great!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    What kind of lube are you using on your cast boolits? I fire a fair bit of cast and never get enough crude to warrant cleaning. The problem we have in this region with gun mags is fine sand. I will ram a mag brush into a magazine in between stages
    The 9MM loads are lubed with LBT Blue. Lyman Supper Molly is the worst and I only use it on my rifle boolits. Currently all new cast are lubed with While Label lubbe.
    Big Bore = 45+

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Got one....works great!
    Where did you get it????
    Big Bore = 45+

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MGySgt View Post
    Where did you get it????
    I ordered it on AMAZON (I typed in Glock magazine disassembly tools and this site came up: American National Firearms Disassembly Tool for Glock Magazines) ....was very reasonable ($10.70)......I believe that you can also get it from glock performance.....This tool sure beats squeezing the magazine and fighting the pin and the lip at the same time.....
    Last edited by buckwheatpaul; 11-10-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

You can get the magazine disassembly tool, punch and front sight tool as a kit for $14. I can’t vouch for the quality but that’s really cheap for all the tools you need to work on a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    I ordered it on AMAZON (I typed in Glock magazine disassembly tools and this site came up: American National Firearms Disassembly Tool for Glock Magazines) ....was very reasonable ($10.70)......I believe that you can also get it from glock performance.....This tool sure beats squeezing the magazine and fighting the pin and the lip at the same time.....
    Thank you buckwheatpaul!
    Big Bore = 45+

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    You can get the magazine disassembly tool, punch and front sight tool as a kit for $14. I can’t vouch for the quality but that’s really cheap for all the tools you need to work on a Glock.
    The only tool I need is the mag disassembly tool. I don't own a Glock pistol. My Ruger PCC 9mm I have setup for Glck Mags as they are cheaper than the Ruger ones.
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master
    The easiest is a dedicated tool like the one that Luckydawg13 describes. I have one called the MagClaw, sold here: https://cpwsa.com/products/magclaw-g...e-removal-tool

It works very well and is easy to use (you get good mechanical advantage with the handle, so little effort is needed), doesn't chew up the floor plate hole like a punch, doesn't need three hands or a flat surface to work on, and the version I have is half the price of that sold by the good Mr. MacGill.

ETA: didn't read the last few posts - sounds like there are even better prices to be had. I will say that the quality of mine is top notch, and it's US made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12