Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Cast NOE 680-500-HB CE1

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    6pt: If that B 25 is Fixed Skeet Choke it will probably be just fine as long as your payloads don't fit super tight.. Skeet Choke is generally only a .005 restriction over Cylinder Bore.

Plus that at 35 or less the accuracy can't suffer enough to make it ineffective.

Randy

Randy
    Choke has nothing to do with it . My little 28 is in far to fine a shape to chance scratching it up in a tree stand . Little guns 98%+ same for the little matching 410 . Of course if I ever get a Parker 28 gauge original in decent shape I’ll have more tied up in it then I do in the 28 and 410 Superposed’s combined ��
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 11-15-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

A friends mother had a B25 28 ga she used every year for doves at their ranch which I got to shoot at. Do you have a separate gun in .410 or interchangeable barrels? I just saw a B25 4 barrel skeet set at the last gun show here in Ventura. The guy wanted $5500 for the cased set which was a fair price.

I have a Citori Sporting Clays Edition .410 with 32" bbls. I love that gun!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Yeah I was pretty sure after these threads it would be pretty popular. Mihec never responded to my request
    What request was that? Mihec already makes one of these molds, in fact he makes both a 2 cavity just like this and a 2 cavity that is full 12 guage bore diameter, both in brass. I have the one that uses wads.

https://www.mp-molds.com/e-shop/molds/shot-gun-molds

Boolit Master
    A friends mother had a B25 28 ga she used every year for doves at their ranch which I got to shoot at. Do you have a separate gun in .410 or interchangeable barrels? I just saw a B25 4 barrel skeet set at the last gun show here in Ventura. The guy wanted $5500 for the cased set which was a fair price.

I have a Citori Sporting Clays Edition .410 with 32" bbls. I love that gun!

Randy
    I have a 1965 12 gauge 28” skeet , a 1967 12 gauge 26 1/2” skeet , a 1969 12 magnum 30” , a 1951 20 gauge 28” field , a 1963 20 gauge 26 1/2” skeet , a 1970 28 gauge 28” skeet and a 1970 410 26 1/2” skeet . I’d still like a 32” Broadway , an early double trigger field gun and a 20 gauge field with 3” chambers , all Belgium guns of course. I used to have a couple Remington Model 32 skeets , I’d like to find another 32 skeet with a solid rib , add a 32 trap with a solid rib and find an early 32 double trigger square tang . I have a collector friend that’s walked into two Remington 32 double trigger field guns in the last four months . Incidentally the Superposed 4 barrel sets are quite nice , however if I were looking for a barrel set I’d be more inclined to go for a 3 barrel set 20-28-410 since it’s on the smaller frame . Pretty much the same reason I like the Krieghoff K-20 . But you’d never see me turn down a K-32 or a K-80 .
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 11-16-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    What request was that? Mihec already makes one of these molds, in fact he makes both a 2 cavity just like this and a 2 cavity that is full 12 guage bore diameter, both in brass. I have the one that uses wads.

https://www.mp-molds.com/e-shop/molds/shot-gun-molds
    I suggest you check your link , Mihec is sold out . I had looked a week or two ago and he was out when I looked .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    I suggest you check your link , Mihec is sold out . I had looked a week or two ago and he was out when I looked .
    That proves what was already said, they are very popular...

Boolit Grand Master

I wouldn't mind the full bore version myself but those slug moulds were a group buy several years ago.

I do not believe they have been rerun since.

I sent an inquiry thru the Mihec website asking about availability of that mould about a week before I contacted Al Nelson. I have never gotten a response and there was no stock when I inquired, that's why I inquired. I really wanted one of those moulds.

There still is no stock.

6pt: I have a friend who has the 3 barrel K20 set and it's not the cheap set. Right at $35K. Highly engraved and the gun is alive when you pick it up. I had to stuff a rag in my mouth so I didn't drool on it. I really like the Krieghoff guns. When I win the lottery I will be stocking up.

Sounds like you are pretty enamored with Browning shotguns, or at least your inventory would suggest that .

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Master

6pt: I have a friend who has the 3 barrel K20 set and it's not the cheap set. Right at $35K. Highly engraved and the gun is alive when you pick it up. I had to stuff a rag in my mouth so I didn't drool on it. I really like the Krieghoff guns. When I win the lottery I will be stocking up.

Sounds like you are pretty enamored with Browning shotguns, or at least your inventory would suggest that .

Randy
    I’ve had a pair of K-32’s one was a three barrel tube set I put together . Had a 28” skeet barrel with Kolar AAA tubes , a K-80 unsingle barrel for 16 yard and handicap and lastly a 32” vandalia rib for trap doubles . It also had K-80 Bavarian Grade wood with a medium Monte Carlo . Later I acquired a second year K-32 that was pretty much made from Remington 32 parts . Over the years I’ve shot a number of K-80’s and a few K-20’s . I’ve shot A LOT of skeet and trap birds in my lifetime and I always seemed to do a better job with a Krieghoff .

I kinda got that you were a Clay bird shooter. Something about those guns you have suggests that.

I went to Pacific Sales in Azusa CA and the salesman there walked me thru the Krieghoff line. Funny how all of the various stocks and other gun parts can fit you directly to the gun. Everything on the guns is interchangeable.

For now I have to settle for my Citori XT and my Citori .410.

Randy

Boolit Master

I've been tied up for a week. So, has anyone done any shooting with the 680-500-HB?
    Michael

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Dog View Post
    I've been tied up for a week. So, has anyone done any shooting with the 680-500-HB?
    As a matter of fact I just (it’s sunday) returned from the post office with my 4 cavity mold . Monday I’ll try and make 50 HB and 50 solid base . Granted none I cast will be fired in a rifled barrel . But I’m curiouse to see how the solid base does in some of my old doubles .

Boolit Master

While I've been with my dad, I've been pondering the torn and crushed wad petals with this pellet design. I think it might be from friction forcing the petals off the narrow front "band" and folding them into the supported region in the middle of the design. I've spent some time looking for a wad with a solid, cup, but I doubt there would be one in that wads are designed to "petal" open to disperse shot. I wish I would not have given away my 3D printer. I would figure out two "halves" to fill the center section, held together with a band of tape (like the sabot on the Lightfield), and then a plug for the hollow base.

The weather has turned too foul to shoot.
    Michael

Boolit Master
    While I've been with my dad, I've been pondering the torn and crushed wad petals with this pellet design. I think it might be from friction forcing the petals off the narrow front "band" and folding them into the supported region in the middle of the design. I've spent some time looking for a wad with a solid, cup, but I doubt there would be one in that wads are designed to "petal" open to disperse shot. I wish I would not have given away my 3D printer. I would figure out two "halves" to fill the center section, held together with a band of tape (like the sabot on the Lightfield), and then a plug for the hollow base.

The weather has turned too foul to shoot.
    If wads collapsing is a problem how about fiber wads under and some sort of shot cup to nestle the slug in .

Boolit Master
    RD did you make any molds for the 40 S&W / 10mm ?

Boolit Master

If wads collapsing is a problem how about fiber wads under and some sort of shot cup to nestle the slug in .
    Well, that is my next step. I've been thinking about the BPI 0729012 and LBC30. You can cut the unslit cups to length with a razor blade.

I need to go back through the dimensions of these wads, in that I've looked at so many, and make sure they will work with the diameter of the slugs (both Lee and the NOE/Lyman). I've also thought about drilling a small hole (3/16"?) up through the base center, then filling the base of the slugs with hot glue, and sliding the trimmed cup over the slug. It would not bother me if the tail feathers stayed on for the journey to the berm. The departing of such, seems to be the first upset that influences all the CG/CP talk we have been through.

What I need to do, is gather up all the bags of wads that I've bought, take them up to a place that ranchers have started shooting trap, and see if I can sell them for half of what I got in them. Some, I haven't shot. I've taken one wad out, measured it, put it back in, and put it in storage. If I can't recover some money from the wads, my future funds will be spent on Sabot Techonologies pressure wads.

RD did you make any molds for the 40 S&W / 10mm ?
    No, never worked with either.
    Michael

Boolit Master

Doesn't look like the two cups mentioned above will work.

Diameter: .723"
    Wall Thickness: .057"

Too bad the thickness is not half of the value, it would be near perfect. Bummer.
    Michael

Boolit Master

Too bad the thickness is not half of the value, it would be near perfect.
    Given the OD, even half would be too much as the NOE would not slide in. So, at a bit of a standstill with this slug at 100-yards.
    Michael

Boolit Master
    Given the OD, even half would be too much as the NOE would not slide in. So, at a bit of a standstill with this slug at 100-yards.
    FWIW , I took a bunch of BikerBeans .730” 730 grain slugs and used them in my Parker 10 gauge doubles . I was more worried about them not being to tight thru the chokes as I was about nominal bore fit . Anyway I ended up taking an SP-10 wad removing the petals , seating what was left and taking a .010” Mylar wrap putting it around the slug seating the slug folding the crimp . Bear in mind these are mostly full choke barrels that measure .745-.755” at the muzzle . And amazingly that did fairly well .

Boolit Master

Interesting! When I was a kid in the mid-sixties, I bought a big box of slugs for my Sear Roebuck single-shot 20 guage with a full choke. Kids could walk in and buy that stuff back then. They shot real good on small critters at close range. So, my little brother decided he would shoot a buck with one. My dad was sitting with him up in a tree and a large buck walked in about 55-yards. This was in the mid-sixties and I'll never forget what my dad said about it as he observed from behind by brother. "That durn slug did a complete corkscrew around that buck!" Very much what I'm seeing with the Lee & Lyman now.
    Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast