Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Lee 113gn in a 300 Blackout

Boolit Mold

Lee 113gn in a 300 Blackout

I have a little CVA Scout in 300 Blackout and I am looking at developing a load for it.
    I'm very new to casting, did a bit a while back and just getting back into it now.
    I'm thinking about using a Lee .309 113gn mold to work out a load. I will be powder coating the boolits.
    My powder will be 300-MP or AR2205. Here in Oz we don't have too much choice unfortunately.
    Looking at aroung 1600fps or so.
    Does anyone have any experience with this boolit in the Blackout?

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    That seems to be a pretty light boolit for a 300 Blackout. Lee makes a mould designed for the Blackout and it’s 230 grains. I have that mould and have loaded it in other .30 cal cartridges including .30-06.

If the 113 grain mould is what you have at the moment, why not try it? Hopefully others can guide you as to what loads work well with it. Good luck.

I shoot a lot of 110 and 125gr in my blackout. I see no reason why that mold would not work. Not familiar with those powders so I can't help you there.

Boolit Grand Master
    I shoot 110 vmax in my BO, with lil gun. I see no reason you can't use the Lee boolit. I would think your 2205 powder would be the one to use, of the two powders you gave. Might be a bit slow, but I would think would work.

That is a very popular bullet with members on this forum. I have used it with success in my 30 carbine and two 30/30 Winchester rifles. I have not tried it in my 300 Blackout as of yet, but mine is an AR-15 with a 1 in 7 twist. It should shoot as well as anything else in your single shot rifle. I lube and gas check mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot 30 carbine bullets in my blkout all the time. That lee should make a fine plinking and varmit load!!!!!

Not that boolit but the Hornady 100gr half jacket with cfe pistol is real fun & accurate. Try some 231 or other pistol powder - ~6 gr. Goes 'pop' but plenty fast. Went up to 8gr and get a 'bang' but still doesn't cycle AR pistol. I use the vmax also but that is an expensive hunting rnd and I push it fast.
    Whatever!

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the replies. I'll certainly give it a go.
    The little CVA has 16.5" barrel and a 1:8 twist. Another bloke I know who has one can't get the Lee 230gn boolit to stabilise properly. He has had to go to 200gn. I'll like to do some experimenting. Shooting subsonic here does nothing for me as we can't use suppressors anyway.