Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I live in Illinois...can anyone recommend a good van lines?

Boolit Master

I live in Illinois...can anyone recommend a good van lines?

Despite the fact that the Democratic controlled legislature passed a 32% Income Tax hike, along with being in a state with the 2nd highest property taxes, along with one of the highest Sales Tax rate...looks as if all state office holders will be Democrats and my Congressman will now also be a Democrat. Both our Senators are also Democrats. It amazes me that so many who voted in Illinois continue to elect and support Democrats. Our state credit rating is the worst of all the states and our pension debt is astronomical. The Democrats here have been in charge for many decades. Can anyone else who resides in Illinois cheer me up?

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Illinois is officially in the crapper. Sitting here figuring on moving to Cape Girardeau. If not for my grandkids, we'd already be in Tennessee,,,,,

Too many welfare rats voting.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Illinois is officially in the crapper. Sitting here figuring on moving to Cape Girardeau. If not for my grandkids, we'd already be in Tennessee,,,,,
    We have room, and stayed Red in the Senate, even the Governor stayed Red, but we can always use more support.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

I can't say it's "nice" to know there's a state in worse shape then California. But then we're so ****ed up we have 2 democrats running for the same U. S. Senate Seat. And dianne feinstein is one of the candidates.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy

It saddens me. All the shenanigans they pulled and people still voted for them. They will stop at nothing. What thread of hope I had in people is gone.

Boolit Master
    Chicago and the close surrounding area has half of the Illinois' population and added to the democrats who live downstate who just can't see that the democrat party is not the same as their grandfather's party is why this state is toast. When you look at a colored map of Illinois almost all the state is red except for the cities, and they control the state.

Boolit Master

Total disaster here. Not only did the Dems take every single constitutional state office, they've now got a super-majority in both houses of the legislature. Locally was, if possible, even worse. We've got the University of Illinois here and student voting was the highest in history...24,000 votes cast in the 'student precincts' of a county with a TOTAL census population of just over 200,000. (Illinois law allows students to register and vote where they're attending school...regardless of where their actual home address might be, even if it's out of state.) Now, we've got a county government that's 99% Dem...that's EVERY elected office except the half-dozen rural County Board seats!! These include a convicted felon...drug dealer...as our County Clerk (his wife is a state rep who sold her soul to the Chicago Machine for a pardon from a lame-duck governor on his last day in office), a former city mayor, run out of city office by her own party, as County Treasurer, and a Sheriff who has skipped from one small department to another, never rising above 'patrol officer'; he was working as a part-time security cop for a junior college when he was elected over the current Chief Deputy; a 29-year veteran with a spotless record.

Realistically, the wife and I are too old to pull up stakes and skedaddle but it's only 32 miles to Indiana and I'm looking at the possibility of buying a place just over the line to establish residence...

Bill
    Last edited by Kraschenbirn; 11-07-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    The Governor elect campaigned on more Gun Control laws....to ban high capacity magazines and AR's...with no restitution for anyone that has one and would turn them in. IMHO this violates two amendments. Perhaps the NRA will start going to the SC to get these many unconstitutional gun laws vacated...it is long overdue.

Boolit Master

Come on over your always welcome here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    Total disaster here. Not only did the Dems take every single constitutional state office, they've now got a super-majority in both houses of the legislature. Locally was, if possible, even worse. We've got the University of Illinois here and student voting was the highest in history...24,000 votes cast in the 'student precincts' of a county with a TOTAL census population of just over 200,000. (Illinois law allows students to register and vote where they're attending school...regardless of where their actual home address might be, even if it's out of state.) Now, we've got a county government that's 99% Dem...that's EVERY elected office except the half-dozen rural County Board seats!! These include a convicted felon...drug dealer...as our County Clerk (his wife is a state rep who sold her soul to the Chicago Machine for a pardon from a lame-duck governor on his last day in office), a former city mayor, run out of city office by her own party, as County Treasurer, and a Sheriff who has skipped from one small department to another, never rising above 'patrol officer'; he was working as a part-time security cop for a junior college when he was elected over the current Chief Deputy; a 29-year veteran with a spotless record.

Realistically, the wife and I are too old to pull up stakes and skedaddle but it's only 32 miles to Indiana and I'm looking at the possibility of buying a place just over the line to establish residence...

Bill

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Yes sad day here in IL. Grandson wants us to move to AL near Huntsville.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post

Bill
    hop on over and welcome need all the help we can get. I live in southern IN. national forest.

Boolit Man
    Living in the state where our former governors in (prison) make our license plates we have an up hill battle with the new governor JB and mad Mike. Gun control laws will be coming from all directions. Might have to move to KY.

Boolit Master

So if they can vote there just because they attend school there whats to keep them from voting at home too

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wgr View Post
    So if they can vote there just because they attend school there whats to keep them from voting at home too
    Absolutely nothing!! The outgoing County Clerk was asked that very question on a local radio talk show this morning and he made the point that the County Board has repeatedly "declined authorization" for his office to participate in the national 'Cross Check' database to identify multiple registrations. The incoming County Clerk...our 'reformed' felon'...has already stated that he will request the County Attorney to join the Illinois Attorney General's lawsuit to ban use of Cross Check or any similar database to "suppress voter participation". (Btw..for those of you unfamiliar with Illinois politics, our current State Attorney General is the DAUGHTER of Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives who is also the Chairman of the State Democratic Party and, therefore, controls ALL Illinois State Democratic Party Campaign funds.)

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

We took several trips with a 26' Uhaul when we moved from IL. I miss my friends, my old hunting spots and a couple of food joints but that's it. We have a similar sqft house, an out building, about 10x the lot size and only pay about 1/3 of the taxes. The Chicagoland area is ruining the whole state.

Boolit Buddy
    We are moving to Nevada tomorrow. If you really don't like Illinois anymore you might as well get out and live somewhere you can enjoy.
    One of my friends is planning on moving out of this state too.
    Where I'm from in Illinois, the jobs are leaving and rent is going up. One of the best paying jobs in the area shut down and moved to Kentucky last year.

Boolit Master
    When other members of CB who live in IL explained the way the districts are drawn up there, it's obvious what the election results would be there. Districts all over the country should go back to following county lines and we'd see some of these shananagians end! When you've got votes from Ohio river counties being diluted with votes from Chicago??
    The problem for us (South), is having our votes diluted with newcomers who bring the same philosophy here, that put where they are leaving in the **** hole!

Boolit Buddy
    Well you won't be able to look north anymore. Walker got beat by the Super Att. of schools, Evers, and all the public unions are overjoyed. More money for them, repelling Act 10, unlimited funds for schools, and taxes on everything. Sad.

Banned

I fear for the members going out of the frying pan and into the fire. Some of the "new" states mentioned are blue and going to get bright blue in short order.
    My only advice for people is to consider the Ozarks.

Banned
    If I lived in Calif or Ill. I'd look into getting signed up with that firearm legal group I heard of. You get arrested/have a legal issue with a firearm and 1 call they are there.

Maybe another member will remember their name/contact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast