Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: To many on going projects

Boolit Grand Master

To many on going projects

I'm a Gemini, so I'm suppose to be able to do many things, all at once.
    It's also said that because of all the projects going on, they take long to get finished, or never get finished at all.
    Looking at all the stuff I have going on, it is true with me.
    Any other Geminis have the same problem???

Banned
    Not a Gemini. Don't believe in astrology. But have same problem. Mine stem from the fact that a project that seems will take a few days ends up taking a year. I am still working on projects that I started 3 years ago. Not because I don't work on them... this project has used up perhaps over a thousand hours of my time and still probably a thousand to go. I figured maybe a hundred hours when I started. Will be 4 years of every day work ...ugh.

Boolit Master
    Non believer in astrology here also but,
    I’m not happy unless I have about a dozen things going on at once. I do however finish all of them in a timely manner.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master

I don't really believe in astrology but I'm a Leo. I usually finish my projects in a decent time frame. With my age and my health I find that I have fewer projects than in the past. One project that I need to get back to is a bell. My neighbor gave me their Family Farm Bell. I've had it sand blasted and painted but I need to get a post for it and get it set up. I'm thinking it would be cool to ring it on New Years.

Boolit Master
    I’m Sagittarius, Don’t know if it means much but, I love projects. Especially if I can see the end of it. Get good feeling of accomplishment when finished in the time allotted. Just finished 2 rooms, pulling carpet out and installing that Quick snap Laminated floor. Very easy job, start to finish 2 days each room, very little waste, just had to focus. Most of the work tho was clearing out the rooms.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't really believe in astrology but I'm a Gemini and some of the things do apply to me at least. Gemini are supposed to be two faced, split personality, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde type. Not because we would go stab someone in the back but more because we are always either really good or really bad. Very hot or very cold we either love something or hate it and we will know which way its going to go right away too. I know I'm like that in many ways.
    As for the multi tasking I'm pretty good with keeping my projects in control. My wife is actually the bad one working on 10 things at once and at the end of the night house is still a mess and everything is half way done and I'm mad walking around cleaning up after her.

Boolit Grand Master

It seems that every project leads to another. Since there is always one more, I'll never finish. At my age and condition I refuse to start anything else.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Don't really put much credence in astrology. I am a Scorpio.
    Some projects I finish quickly...others linger for interminable lengths of time.
    I don't think it has anything to do with astrology...more like the level of importance that I place on the project.
    Some things must be done as quickly as possible, while others are not crucial so they can be delayed.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    I don't have much of a problem finishing projects- my problem is starting them.
    The enemy of good is better.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a gemini...but I do have a problem, I collect projects, and rarely finish them. Sometimes I acquire a "thing" or a "basket of related things" for a project and just store them for a year or three, then throw said thing/s away. Yes I have a problem.

PS ...gemini ...astrology??? I thought we were talking about the car
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Gemini
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I'm an Aquarius, but have the same problem. WAY too many project guns on the go and still foolish (smart?) enough to keep buying more!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master
    Friend said he me got some tools that were being thrown out.
    Still work, but dirty and surface rust.
    Another project on the list.
    Some day I'll catch up, or..................

Boolit Master
    I was put here to complete a carton amount of tasks. I am so far behind I can never die.

I'm a Libra and I buzz from one project to the next like a hummingbird after flowers ;eventually I finish them all, then I look at them again and think I'm not finished so I'll do a little more to them.
    I love gun projects, Home Improvement and working on autos not so much.
    Always looking for balance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Having an unfinished project gives purpose to tomorrow. Idel hands are often the devil's tools.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    yes i have a couple end tables i started refinishing last year they are almost there.