Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxStainLess Steel MediaGraf & SonsWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is/Was there a Handgun That You Just Canít Hit With?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    First issue S&W Sigma .40 S&W.
    At least it was reliable. Horribly inaccurate for 4 different shooters. I hear the current SV's are much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    My nephew bought a new Sigma and asked me to see what was wrong with the trigger....it would not fire until you released it...yep, the trigger stroke taken all the way back to the frame did nothing until the moment you let go of it....a release trigger if you will. It went back to S&W. It was a horrible POS

Der Gebirgsjager - Silver solder extra front sight onto the side of the existing sight blade maybe? (UGH though!) Comes a point where it's not worth it.

My example would be a Ruger SP-101 I had in the early 2000's. It was a .357 with a 3" tube. First of all, it impacted low with every boolit weight I tried. I ended up trimming the front sight down by about half. What sealed it's fate was, it had the most dreadful trigger pull of any firearm I've ever tried. I ended up trading it for what I had in it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, .30 WCF, .45-70 Gov't.

Boolit Master
    I have never been able to hit anything with any of those break open .32 and .38 pistols.

Pretty much every handgun I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch, still have 6 in different flavors. Worst run of bad luck I've ever heard of.......

The most difficult has been flintlock pistol.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hirsch and Koala.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	230122

Boolit Master

I had 3 different Ruger 22 Semis that I dould never shoot well . . . or even so-so.
    Buckmark is a different story.
    My Super Blackhawk was a no go until I changed the grips and made a pair that was the same thickness top to botom.
    Next will be a set that swell at the top, not the bottom.

IO do not know if it would carry over to the real thing, but I am amazed how well I can "point shoot" from the hip with my 1911 airsoft.
    I have never been able to get close with any other pistola or revolver shooting from the hip . . .
    Guess J. M. Browning was on to something there
    Nothing is impossible for the person that does not have to do it.

I've been handgunning for 17 years. I've had ruger blackhawks in 357, single sixes, several 1911s, a ruger p95 and a 22/45, smith and wessons 422, 60, 66, 642, 4006, Glock 17, 22, 42, Walther p38 and probably some I cant remember right now.

For me, the one Im having the most trouble getting good results with is my current blackhawk in 44 magnum. I had shot a blackhawk in 44 mag once before but it had a 7.5 barrel. Mine is a 4.625 barrel. I can do pretty good with a single six or a blackhawk in 357, and I did good with my buddies 44 the 1 time I shot it. I dont know if my buddy had reloads or factory ammo at the time.

Fast forward to my short barrel 44 blackhawk and im shooting a foot left, flinching and all sorts of stuff. So I started by making specials, and working on my grip and squeeze again. I figured out my off hand was pulling me left cause im putting a death grip on it. Changed that, got it pretty well figured out, and am down to about 2" at 15 yards off hand now. That with special +p and starting mag loads. Still aint worked up to full power loads yet, but im taking my time. I aint tried any in a while as I have been focusing on getting the lighter loads which will be more useful anyway.

Back when I owned and was shooting a 357 blackhawk, I was running skeeters heavy 357 loads, and thats about like a 44 special +p to light magnum loading in my estimation of recoil. I aint a giver upper though.

Boolit Grand Master

Kel Tec P-3AT. Bought my wife and I each one of these. Neither worked reliably with any type of ammunition but the biggest thing was
    Man Mountain Dean couldn't pull the trigger on one of these and hit anything. Must have been 20lbs.
    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

Bastiat

Non nobis Domine,
    non nobis,
    sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux

Tu Ne Cede Malis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123