Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Ruger M77 25-06

Thonotosassa, Florida/ Pensacola, N. Carolina

Ruger M77 25-06

I have a M77 Mk2 in 25-06 which I am putting a Boyd's stock on. I have hogged out the front pillar to free float the barrel but every time I take it apart and reassemble, I find different points of contact so I have come to the conclusion that I need to bed the action. I have viewed many videos about bedding but none are specific to the M77. The angled front point is my concern. where exactly do you put the bedding epoxy in this area and how do you prevent the epoxy from getting into the threads? I have seen videos showing putting plumber's putty into the threaded holes on rifles where the hole goes all the way through, to block out the epoxy, and when you put the screw in, it pushes the plumber's putty out. But the M77 has a blind hole and if it is filled with the plumber's putty, the screw could not be installed since the putty has no place to exit. Any ideas?
    "The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back."
    Al Swearengen, from "Deadwood"

I think I would do it by plugging the screw hole, use lots of release agent and a shim on the front flat of the action. Snug the rear screw only and use surical tubing on the front to hold it tight till the epoxy cures. Then, the screw boss imprint serves as a guide to drill the front action screw hole. This is just an idea, I've never bedded a Ruger so keep that in mind. I have bedded a bunch of Mausers, Remingtons, and so forth.
    Modeling clay and release agent are your friends. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I leave some original wood surface to maintain location and bed then remove the wood left and do a second time. I normally install aluminum pillars if I bed a rifle SO these become the locating points I cut one end to match the receiver and glue them in first on pins then when cured remove action and remove wood and bed action reoil lug and first 2-3" of barrel. Te rest of the barrel channel is heavily sealed. Fil all holes slots cuts with clay. at least 2 coats of release agent. The angled front screw on rugers can pose a problem at times. I slide the pillar in around the pin and clamp in place lightly trying not to distort it My alighnment pins have threads both ends and the pillar is held with a nut and bushing so only The pillar is clamped. The action is clamped held in with a light clamp or surgical tubing. Give the recoil lug 2 layers of tape on sides and front.