WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ducks

Boolit Master
    I use plastic. I'm not very sophisticated about it.

These are #5s, lead. Pheasant stuff.

Sometimes, I paper patch them.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Soooo I see a card wad, a felt wad shot and overshot card? Is there a Mylar wrap around the shot or are they free Bore
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    It is a smokeless nitro overpowder wad, then a lubed Circle Fly fiber wad. I split these and not very evenly, as is obvious in the photo. Then the shot - as much as it takes to fill the shell - about 1.25 oz here. Then a card wad and a roll crimp.

I also load these in my Pacific progressive reloader with a powder die that I enlarged for the larger Blackpowder volume I need. These work pretty well too and are a little faster to load. Especially fun to load a bunch this way for a night at the trap range. Always gets peoples' attentions.

When I have case space for it, I sometimes put a thick watercolor paper inside the shell as wrap that shield the sides of the shot column from rubbing against the steel of the barrel. The paper is fairly thick and prevents the shot from being flattened by the barrel walls - supposedly making the pattern a little denser because the shot is not deformed and flying sideways. That's the theory anyway. I don't do this very often however.

USMC 77, USRA 79

What is the white card thing just under the shot? Another hard card? I think they look fine. How far are you able to shoot these effectively? Especially the goose loads? 40 yards or so?
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Hmm, thats a good question. It looks like I put an over-shot card wad on the bottom of the shot column too. I wonder why I did that? That's not normal. These pictures are probably 5-8 yrs old.

40 yds is no problem. Not sure I would like to shoot any further, at least as a first shot on a bird, but 40 is fine.

Boolit Master

Brent I put an over shot card under the shot, just because it seems like a good idea. The old timers said it gives a better pattern but I have never tested it. My load is simular in my James & sons 10 bore.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123