Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your favorite 10 mm target loads and also your hunting loads?

IIRC. the 'proper' FBI is 180gr for 10mm & 165gr for 40SW. As long as it's safe, use what you want. The 10mm does have case capacity to push heavy harder for hunting.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I picked up an SR1911 and then a 3” GP100 because I love 10’s. I don’t see a reason to beat both gun and shooter with continuous use of heavy loads. The round is just too versatile for that.

I had a 10mm years ago and found an ammo can full of commercial 155gr lrn boolits over AA#7 (@ 1,200fps) that I’ve been using in the SR1911 for local IDPA style shoots. Low recoil, good accuracy in the 1911 and they pound Mr Pepper’s Poppers. For some reason the GP100 doesn’t like them. It prefers either the Hornady 180gr FP jacketed or NOE 200gr WFN over a charge of Unique hitting the 1,000ish fps mark. The WFN can hang up on the revolver’s chamber edges when loading in a hurry but they are really accurate.

For hunting I plan on using the NOE 200gr WFN over enough BE-86 to hit 1,200fps from the SR1911. That load gives me sub 2” 25 yard groups and great penetration from the SR1911 which is legal for hunting in WV and decent groups in the GP100 which is my knocking around gun but too short to hunt with.

Next up I plan on getting NOE’s 170gr TC mold for fun and targets.

Boolit Master

I get the sentiment of why have a 10mm and run it to 40 levels? Me? I like the versatility. I also happen to like to shoot my Glock 20 best, so I load the ammo to fit the purpose. Mild to wild. That's the beauty of that cartridge: versatility. The Glock 20 is my most common handgun of choice for IDPA, Steel Challenge, and even the occasional man-on-man steel match. I also like to shoot heavy cast at 1200 fps +. It is ALL good.

RickR, for running a 200 gr cast to 1200 fps, it might be a bit hard running for a medium burner like BE-86. I like No. 9 a lot for my LBT WFN 200 grainers. Easy 1200 fps. Second choice would be Long Shot followed by Blue Dot. Of course, if BE-86 is working for you, carry on!
    Last edited by Taterhead; 01-03-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm late to the party here but for many years I've shot the Lyman 175 TC with 5.6 grains of Unique. It clocks around 950 fps out of my Delta Elite with an 18.5 pound recoil spring. That 22 pound spring gets harder and harder to manipulate as the years go by.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12