Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry Single Shot now offered in 357, 44 & 30-30 ?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

Henry Single Shot now offered in 357, 44 & 30-30 ?

I wanted one of the new Henry single shots and have been following he threads on here. Maybe this is "old news", but I just went to their site to look at the specs on the 308 as the last time I looked, they different offer them in 30-30 which is what I would really like. Much to my surprise, the had 44 Mag, 357 Mag and 30-30 listed. Am I behind the times or did they just add these based on inquiries about those calibers?

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/

I'll be changing my mind on the 308 if they are making the 30-30, even if I have to wait some before they are out.

So . . . were these just added?

They were just added and are now available. There are 30-30's listed on gunbroker for sale. I just landed a 357 myself.
    NRA Life Member

Guns have two enemies Rust and Politicians

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Banned

have the .223, just ordered the .357, life's still good.

I know that some have been disappointed in the heavy trigger pull but I have a feeling that Henry will get that work out. It's just nice just nice to see that they've added some new cartridges - I hadn't looked at the site for a few weeks and hadn't run across any thing about the new calibers being added- must have had too many second cups of coffee and too many naps!

I have a 357 Handi that I love and am glad that they added that one as I know a lot of fellows who missed out on getting a Handi in 357. It would be nice if at some point you could buy just the barrels in different calibers and use them on the same receiver - but perhaps that will come in time as well? I'm just glad they added the 30-30 as it's such a popular cartridge. I have a couple of 30-30 lever guns but mainly want the SS to play with different weight/profile cast boolits that I have molds for - there are a lot of cans out there that need killing!

Boolit Master

Just a thought, would it be feasible to ream the chamber on a .38/.357 mag out to .357MAX? I think that would be a great gun.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    Just a thought, would it be feasible to ream the chamber on a .38/.357 mag out to .357MAX? I think that would be a great gun.
    entirely!
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Master
    The 357 is the one I have been wanting

My 357 Handi I bought new - it was on the rack in a LGS that I've purchased from and I had heard the rumble that they were going to be over with in the near future. I gave some thoughts to reaming it to 357 Max and who knows, it may happen some day. I have no idea about the 357 Henry SS as far as converting to Max.

The chamber on my Handi was pretty deep - as a lot of them were. I did pick up several hundred .260 DW (Dan Wesson) Starline casings from a member on here - basically and extended .357 casings. I also bought two NOE 200 grain molds - 2 cavities each - one is a RN and the other a flat nose. Molds wee used and like new - cast excellent boolits. I've loaded those in the 360 DW casings and they chamber just fine and seem to shoot well.

If you don't want to ream your Handi to MAX - you might try some of the 360 DW Starline casings as your Handi chamber will probably be deep enough to utilize them. I have a feeling that the Henry 357 Mag chambers will probably be SAAMI spec.

The thing I like about my 357 Handi is that it also does well with BP cartridges - easy to clean, etc. I'd love to have one in 45 Colt - don't know if Henry will ever make one but if they did, I'd snap one up in a heartbeat. It would be a great combination to my 45 Uberti Cattleman. Iid like to hear how the 357 Henry SS performs - I love the great wood they use and I might even consider trading in the Handi on one to go with my Ubeerti 51 Navy conversion.
    Last edited by bedbugbilly; 11-03-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Banned

Henry single shot H015 rifle trigger/hammer fix springs available at cost + shipping here ....

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ger-hammer-FIX

Boolit Buddy
    Sure wish they'd bring out a 45 colt!

Banned

you may have a long wait for a production henry .45 colt h015 s/s. i wouldn't hesitate to buy the .44mag version and get both the tube and chamber reamed out.

Boolit Mold
    I bought one with the intention of doing just that! Now I'm struggling to find someone to do the work. MGM does't do Henry and I can't reach Mike Bellm. Any ideas?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Deer Hunter View Post
    I bought one with the intention of doing just that! Now I'm struggling to find someone to do the work. MGM does't do Henry and I can't reach Mike Bellm. Any ideas?
    bobby hoyt - barrelsmith in PA.

Boolit Bub
    Here's a question for those of you who have one. I've been reloading and shooting revolvers for years, but never owned a rifle. I was considering one of these Henrys for my first. When I handled one at an LGS, it seemed to me that even though they have irons, maybe they're really optimized for a scope. When I hoist it, it's hard to get a sight picture with the iron sights. I have to really mash my face into the stock and it's not very comfortable. Since I have very little experience with long guns, maybe I'm missing something. With a Henry lever gun, it seems much easier and more natural to get a good sight picture, but I REALLY like the idea of a single shot.

Banned

i'm not a fan of the leaf spring barrel sights, nor the distances they're set at. for me and a centerfire rifle it has to be a dual peep sight system such as the vernier micrometer tang peep sights on my BPCR guns ... or a williams micrometer that one person added to his henry h015 in .223rem .........

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/165-he...ams-sight.html

Boolit Bub
    rfd,

After market peeps seems like a great solution. I can see that it's higher than the stock sights. Maybe just enough to make all the difference.
    Last edited by blackhawk man; 12-04-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Boolit Master
    I bet the 45 LC comes out sooner than you think.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Far as I know, the Henry can use the same sights and scope mounts as the NEF/H&R rifles.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Far as I know, the Henry can use the same sights and scope mounts as the NEF/H&R rifles.
    correct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast