RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry Single Shot now offered in 357, 44 & 30-30 ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    I bet the 45 LC comes out sooner than you think.
    Know something in the pipe?
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Master
    I wonder, would you be able to rechamber the 44 mag to a 444 Marlin? That would be a pretty cool gun to play around with.

In Remembrance

I`d like to see either a .45 LC or a .454 Cassull be brought out. It would work out great in some of our Northern states that allow straight walled cartridges for deer hunting.Robert

Boolit Master
    The 45 colt is a mainstay of the Henry line up. It will come sooner than later.

Boolit Master
    An old thread, but I am curious, those of you whom have a Henry single shot in 357/38, how well do they shoot?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dg31872 View Post
    An old thread, but I am curious, those of you whom have a Henry single shot in 357/38, how well do they shoot?
    EVERY thing about the henry s/s is great ... except for the trigger pull ... maybe. i had both the .357 and .223 and both were well built and had the potential for near target quality consistent accuracy. but, at least for me, that dang trigger ................

Boolit Grand Master

The best thing about these Henry single shots is the accuracy. They are fantastic. It's really up to Henry to decide to fix the problems. The opportunity is still there to take H&R's spot.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    The 45 colt is a mainstay of the Henry line up. It will come sooner than later.
    The 357 is interesting, but I'm holding out for the 45 Colt. When it comes out, I'll bite.

Rick C.

Boolit Bub
    I picked up ss Henry last summer in 45/70. The first thing I did was to install the Grainger 31 lb spring. That took the heavy hammer pull way down and the trigger pull from 6.75 lb to 3 lb. A dab of moly paste on the sear dropped it to 2.75. Even though I had no misfires, I felt the hammer pull was very light. I cut down the OD of a 1/4 inch washer and put it under the spring. That made the hammer pull about 1/2 as hard as when new, and left the trigger at 2.75. Added a Skinner rear peep sight and a taller front fiber optic sight in order to sight in 475 gr. cast. All in all it's a very accurate 6.75 lb rifle that's capable of anything in North America.
    Last edited by fenderman57; 01-07-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dg31872 View Post
    I have .357 that has been reamed to Maximum. I changed out the spring, and I think it shoots GREAT! Yes the trigger pull is still a little heavy, but acceptable. I had it ready for hunting Whitetails this Fall, but choose my .45 Blackhawk instead. I put a Leupold 4x compact on it, and with 180 grain rnfp or xtp, it is very accurate. In 357 Max, with the compact scope, it makes for a very effective tree stand package. I will likely get one in .45 Colt too! hc18flyer

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    EVERY thing about the henry s/s is great ... except for the trigger pull ... maybe. i had both the .357 and .223 and both were well built and had the potential for near target quality consistent accuracy. but, at least for me, that dang trigger ................
    I got a .308 in the summer and after hearing all the talk of the trigger (and feeling the trigger on my 12g Henry single shot) I was pretty nervous. Turns out the trigger on mine was pretty decent. It was a new import to Canada this summer, so maybe they are improving it on the newer ones.

It makes an amazing bush rifle with the iron sights, weighs almost nothing and is so small, doesn't hang up in branches when slung on your shoulder. I hunted whitetail for a few days this fall with it and it was an absolute pleasure. Very happy with both it and my shotgun version.

Boolit Master
    Anybody heard any rumors of 45 Colt being offered?????

Rick C.

Boolit Master
    I'd like Henry bring out their single shot rifle in some old tyme calibers. How about 25-20 wcf,23-20 wcf and my personal favorite.the 44 special. And while they are at it how about using faster twists than there are being used now. Hey,I can wish can't I??. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    I'd like Henry bring out their single shot rifle in some old tyme calibers. How about 25-20 wcf,23-20 wcf and my personal favorite.the 44 special. And while they are at it how about using faster twists than there are being used now. Hey,I can wish can't I??. Frank
    They already make a 44 special/44 mag single shot, and in a 1:20" twist.

I have owned dozens of handi rifles over the past 20 some years and have converted many of them to calibers the factory never offered. The Henry could be done the same just not as cheap and not as many factory parts are available such as stock sets and Henry doesn't make there gun in all of the shotgun sizes like H&R did.
    I have not even looked close at a Henry yet as I don't need anymore "new" guns, just buy older classics.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    I see Reeds in Minnesota has a bunch of brass frame Henry single shots. They have a 45 Colt.
    Anyone shoot one of these brass frame guns?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 218bee View Post
    I see Reeds in Minnesota has a bunch of brass frame Henry single shots. They have a 45 Colt.
    Anyone shoot one of these brass frame guns?
    I stopped in last time I was in Walker. Not only did they have a whole bunch of Henry's, they also had a number of Magnum Research BFR's. Not the greatest prices, but a cool store to look around in.

I've been shooting my 357 for three weeks.so far its not shooting as well as my two handi rifles did in 357.its about 1" per 25 yards.im not very happy with it and I really want to like it.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

How are these grouping at distances?
    I am interested in getting a 357 and getting it reamed and bored to 44-40/.429 1:36" twist

Wife got me the brass 44 for Christmas. Came in last week. Thing looks amazing the wood is matched very well. Just need to find me the right mold for this thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast