Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart problems.

Boolit Master

Heart problems.

Well after years of my heart problems. They finally put a Pacemaker in, today. I am all ready feeling better, just 6 hours after surgery. The biggest problem is that I can't raise my left arm above the level of my shoulder for a month, and I can't drive for two weeks. Well such is life.
    I guess I should have added this was all done at the VA in Phoenix. They have taken supper care of me. I am 50 percent disabled from the military so my care there is free gratis. I have medicare and a supplement, the VA collects what those two pay so that helps the VA a lot.
    Last edited by 45-70 Chevroner; 11-13-2018 at 09:45 PM.

If you're right handed, this looks like a good time to take up Bullseye shooting. All the best and I'll keep a good thought. Sincerely, Tom

Boolit Master
    I just had an ECG. My doctor says I have an electrical problem going on. He will monitor. I feel great, and walk 5-6 miles a day. I guess at 62, things start happening . I wish you well.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    Well after years of my heart problems. They finally put a Pacemaker in, today. I am all ready feeling better, just 6 hours after surgery. The biggest problem is that I can't raise my left arm above the level of my shoulder for a month, and I can't drive for two weeks. Well such is life.
    I just got a disk removed to fuse two vertebrae together. I can’t drive or even sit in a chair for three months. I know how you feel, but things should be a lot better when it’s all over right! Good luck recovering. Greg

Boolit Master

Welcome to the "I'm wearing out club"! I had my first heart attack a couple of months ago. I got lucky. No damage. But I'm in cardio rehab now. They had to put in 3 stents; one med sized and 2 very small ones. I'm 69. Guess we're getting to that age. At least I'm not limited on anything right now so I can keep on hunting and shooting cast bullets. Now if that d**n rain would just stop!

I’m 42. Been having premature ventricular fibrillation for about 2 years now. Doctor says my heart is in good condition except for the extra activity. Hoping a failure isn’t in my near future. Looooong family of bad heart issues.

Boolit Master
    Yep! Right handed.
    I also have stints.
    Electrical problem "A-fib.
    Conjestive Heart failure.
    I am being told this Pacemaker will help these problems but not cure them. I will take anything that will help improve what I have been living with for the last 6, 7 years. I had my Heart attack in 2000 and it has been down hill since then, maybe the hill won't be quite so steep as it has been for a while.
    I see most of you are younger than me so I guess I should feel pretty lucky I'm 77.
    Last edited by 45-70 Chevroner; 11-02-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Boolit Master

If i dont quit chewing tabacco and smoking i will be in your guys shoes 20 to 30 years. Heart problems on my moms side. Lung cancer on my dads side. Lung cancer on my dads side and heart disease on my moms side

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy
    Keep your head up 45/70. I'm only 60 and arthritis has taken out my low back. We just have to adapt and overcome our problems. Stay strong and don't let depression overtake you in your recovery. Your family here will keep praying for you and your recovery. If you need anything you can always come here and get help. Your friend Oily

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    If i dont quit chewing tabacco and smoking i will be in your guys shoes 20 to 30 years. Heart problems on my moms side. Lung cancer on my dads side. Lung cancer on my dads side and heart disease on my moms side

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The facts are in. Tobacco products are bad for your health. Time to make a decision. Everyone has the right to choose for themselves. Good luck.

Boolit Grand Master

I hope your new pacemaker helps with your problems. Just the thoughts of going to a heart doctor can be scary!

raise my left arm above the level of my shoulder for a month That's to keep the electrodes from pulling out until they get 'grown' into tissue to hold them.
    Whatever!

Congratulations, and best wishes. You're blessed that you have the opportunity to give up a month... a good trade for good years ahead.
    Buddy of mine at 42 just had heart valve work.... told him to have me over for coffee, shoot a doe off the porch, and I'd clean, age, and process the critter for him.
    Been fortunate myself, considering the abuse I've put the ol' body though. Hard bumps and long back country trails a-plenty over the years; never broke anything, but had to have a hip replacement 3 years ago due to multiple impacts.

Work hard on your rehab and you'll do nicely in a few months.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Boolit Master

Glad to hear you have been fixed up.

My sister-in-law told me this on my last birthday, "You are not getting older.....you are already old!"
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    found out after a severe fall that I've got valve issues now. Doc says I gotta smarten up, my reply was when he stopped jogging on the highway at night I would consider going in for a in-frame over haul.

Boolit Master
    We aren't old, the others just haven't caught up to us yet. Yeah, yeah, that's my story and sticking to it.

Boolit Master
    I gotta go see my cardiologist @ 1300 today. My first one died, this one is a fairly young woman from the mid-east countries somewhere, and very nice. I really don't want to go, but I have to have my A-fib checked every so often....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

Yep, welcome. There's another club; "Getting Old and Fighting It All The Way".I'm a member. Last week I had cataract surgery on my left eye and the right eye was done last month. I have an ongoing knee problem and I have to wear a brace and walking is still difficult. I had throat cancer 7 years ago and had 4 surgeries and a bunch of radiation treatments (smokers take note!). Some times I'd like to be 50 again, or even 60, but I'm vertical and life is good, even at 72!. I can still shoot my Garand (when my eye heals), 1911, .44 Mags (my favorites), and a bunch of other guns. Just remember this DON'T EVER, NEVER GIVE UP! God has a plan for you...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

I've had my pacer for 7 years. Had pvc's and bradycardia. 2 ablations and meds first then the pacer. DO NOT PULL OUT THE WIRES. I broke one and frayed the other. Heart rate went momentarily to 180! The surgery to replace the leads is scary with a full chest crack team on standby in case they tear the heart removing the leads. I'm 71 and feel pretty darn good for my age, I think. Still have a bum aortic valve so not my air with exercise.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master

Should I complain about my age at 53? Probably not. As of last October made 5 years from quitting smoking YAY! Although about 6 months after I quit I dipped off and on, now just doing those pouch things but need to get off of them. Other than a popping knee, a case of stenosis in back and neck and maybe could lose a few lbs., I'm good. I DO SALUTE everyone here past 70! (and even in the sixties) Many of you have illustrated wisdom, patience, hospitality and charisma! Live everyday as it's your last, tell people who you are close to that you "love them" and NEVER go anywhere mad before making amends! Amen.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast