Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart problems.

Boolit Master
    I couldn't go today. I had run out of some meds and tried some OTC stuff that used to work. It didn't. I had already confirmed my appointment yesterday, but today hit me like a brick . I called and got it rescheduled for Thursday, and I asked if they were going to charge me the $25 cancellation fee. They said no, I said thank you! I'll be getting my prescription tomorrow, and even with Medicare and my insurance it's still going to be close to $200......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

I'm lucky! Most of my scripts are completely covered and those that aren't are co-pays of $6 or less. When asked how many pills I take, I answer:" for breakfast I have a bowl of pills and a couple of corn flakes. For dinner, a bowl of pills and a spoonful of peas!"

Boolit Master
    When I was working it wasn't bad. Everything was ten dollars. SSD ain't that generous.

I do remember that after I had my last surgery, which was the day of Trump's inauguration, BC/BS put me in the catastrophic range and all my meds were free until the end of the year....

It's been downhill from there.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oily View Post
    Keep your head up 45/70. I'm only 60 and arthritis has taken out my low back. We just have to adapt and overcome our problems. Stay strong and don't let depression overtake you in your recovery. Your family here will keep praying for you and your recovery. If you need anything you can always come here and get help. Your friend Oily
    Thanks for the Prayers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oily View Post
    Keep your head up 45/70. I'm only 60 and arthritis has taken out my low back. We just have to adapt and overcome our problems. Stay strong and don't let depression overtake you in your recovery. Your family here will keep praying for you and your recovery. If you need anything you can always come here and get help. Your friend Oily
    Thanks for the Prayers.

Boolit Master
    Thanks to all of you for your concern and pep talks. I have a great wife and she keeps me from being depressed, if you know what I mean

Praying for all of you guys that mentioned your ailments. My concern is for you tobacco users, smoke or spit. Some people that I have talked to find that I had bladder cancer and their question for me was ,"How long did you smoke?" They had information I didn't know about how smoking caused bladder cancer. On other posts I have told my history of cancer but here it is again. Fought the thing five years as a small abrasion at the exit of the bladder. Last treatment of live virus did not work and biopsies done again with seven of ten being positive. Cancer had spread and fast. I was fortunate to have something done before the cancer got out of the bladder into the lymph system. Nearing three years now cancer free after complete bladder/prostate removal. Scary huh. You bet it is. One week a man next week an it. Not all that bad at 84 years old January 3 2019. Life is good . Shoot my guns when I want. Bowhunt planned after Thanksgiving. Really would like to shoot a big hog with my 208 grain hand made two blade broadheads. They seem to penetrate close to forty percent deeper than the four blade 100 grainers and the bow is quiet and so is the arrow. I will soak the corn to sour it in a trash can tomorrow and the corn under the feeder will sour now with all the rain. Feeder is empty and all the corn is on the ground still.
    Need to tell how I quit chewing tobacco. Tried to quit umpteen times no luck! Talked to God and prayed for it to be taken away. I then said that I would not worry about that anymore and went about my business. like 30 days later one morning at 11:30 am I decided something was wrong .... and discovered that I had not taken a chew after breakfast nearly six hours ago. Knowing that I could not go without a chew that long .... I knew God had done it. Throughout the following days and weeks I would sometimes get a "nicotine craving". As soon as I identified that is nicotine, it went away. Didn't have to chew any gum or anything, it was gone. Praise be to our Mighty God.

Boolit Master
    My dad was a smoker and wound up with bladder cancer which metasticised and spread up his spine before being diagnosed. He was 56 when he passed away.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Grand Master

Actually, in a way when we're sick, all we gotta do is lay there and be sick (plus of course, following Dr's orders, keeping in contact with God). Those who have a load of work are our caretakers. They have it rough, God Bless 'em...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Praying for all of you guys that mentioned your ailments. My concern is for you tobacco users, smoke or spit. Some people that I have talked to find that I had bladder cancer and their question for me was ,"How long did you smoke?" They had information I didn't know about how smoking caused bladder cancer. On other posts I have told my history of cancer but here it is again. Fought the thing five years as a small abrasion at the exit of the bladder. Last treatment of live virus did not work and biopsies done again with seven of ten being positive. Cancer had spread and fast. I was fortunate to have something done before the cancer got out of the bladder into the lymph system. Nearing three years now cancer free after complete bladder/prostate removal. Scary huh. You bet it is. One week a man next week an it. Not all that bad at 84 years old January 3 2019. Life is good . Shoot my guns when I want. Bowhunt planned after Thanksgiving. Really would like to shoot a big hog with my 208 grain hand made two blade broadheads. They seem to penetrate close to forty percent deeper than the four blade 100 grainers and the bow is quiet and so is the arrow. I will soak the corn to sour it in a trash can tomorrow and the corn under the feeder will sour now with all the rain. Feeder is empty and all the corn is on the ground still.
    Need to tell how I quit chewing tobacco. Tried to quit umpteen times no luck! Talked to God and prayed for it to be taken away. I then said that I would not worry about that anymore and went about my business. like 30 days later one morning at 11:30 am I decided something was wrong .... and discovered that I had not taken a chew after breakfast nearly six hours ago. Knowing that I could not go without a chew that long .... I knew God had done it. Throughout the following days and weeks I would sometimes get a "nicotine craving". As soon as I identified that is nicotine, it went away. Didn't have to chew any gum or anything, it was gone. Praise be to our Mighty God.
    I am sure that all will agree that we are proud of you. God has been good to me also. I am the only one in my family, that never smoked. ( Mom stepdad, Dad stepmom, three brothers two sisters) I did get a lot of second hand smoke though, and most of the time I stayed out side to get away from the smoke. My two sets of parents and one brother all died of smoking related problems. I when I got married I told my wife, if she ever smoked I would divorce her. We have been married 57 years. We have 3 children living,(lost the youngest one when he was 30), 24 grandchildren, half of those are married and none of them smoke. I guess I was death on smoking.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    yes i know smoking is the root of all evil. now i do have a lot of health problems almost died at forty had a couple arteries 100 percent blocked. damage from oxygen loss due to aptena mini strokes lung blockage from graphite and alunimum and brass dust inhaled. i also smoked 5 packs a day for 35 years. all my health problems none was caused by smoking. the only reason i quit was when they raised the tax under obama. now i am not saying that smoking is good for you but none of us is getting out of this world alive something is going to get you.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    was told at 40 i would never see 50! well in my 60s and still kicking. there are a lot of things i can no longer do. but still manage to get to the range only couple miles away. cast and reload. so life ain't so bad. can still work on my guns just finished reblueing and refinishing a double shotgun . had a blast at range with it. i have a few other hobbies that keep me busy.

My condolences to everyone with serious health problems. I'm just NOT going to mention mine. It just gives me a headache and you really don't want to hear them any way.

Happy Thanksgiving guys. I hope everyone enjoyed the day.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Boolit Master
    3 years ago at 65 I was having heart problems,intermittent double beats difficulty breathing, off to the hospital stress test,echo and radioactive die
    End result no heart damage but was put on a beta blocker and that solved the problem. Kind of scary when your heart is doing the cha cha while you're doing the waltz.

When I was 65, I could still hunt all day and jump a three rail fence. Then, I turned 66. That was ten years ago, and I have a laundry list of medical issues. Having these age related medical issues, means we didn't die young. I am not fussing about any of them. They are the battle scars of a life well lived.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Char-Gar, I like your perspective.

I am 70 and think often of my absent friends I have outlived.

I am thankful to have lived this long and enjoy being a country curmudgeon. Sure, I have the usual age related health problems, but currently being managed and are under control. Following Doc's advice is to walk more and eat less. He says get outdoors more and walk alot. So I hunt, fish, shoot, work in the yard. Unplug from the TV. Life is good.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12