MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teachers......

Boolit Master

Teachers......

Part of my wife's curriculum is to grow genetically modified bugs that eat cotton. After the kids see all that from eggs to larvae to bugs the teachers have to put the bugs and whatever is left into ziplock bags, take them home and put the creatures in the freezer to kill them. The teacher across the hall from her took his home and his son has a pet Black Widow spider. Soooo he decided to feed a few GM bugs to the Black Widow, and they killed it. Ain't no telling what is in their system.... They aren't boll weevils or anything even close, they evolve to a red and black beetle that's about as big as a normal persons thumb nail. I put Lori's bugs into the freezer Monday. I'll take them out next Tuesday night and deposit them into the garbage can as the trash truck comes early Wednesday.

It makes me wonder what happens to the bugs if some teachers don't follow instructions and just release them?
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    I think I would be taking them some where to find out what they are. then I would want to know why such a dangerous item is in the hands of untrained people.

Boolit Master

What a good plot for a Movie they got there. Burn them up!!!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Why would we (the Human Race) want to create and expand a Bug that eats cotton? We spent billions and decades too eradicate/control the Boll Weevil; now we need a replacement of a pest to damage cotton?

I can't sing the song "I never Picked Cotton" cause when I was a small Kid EVERONE in the extended families fell out to drag long cotton collecting bags through the field "Picking Cotton".
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Moderator Emeritus

No cotton on MN but I grew up using one of these a lot... and a hand cranked feed mill...

Boolit Master
    Pet Black Widow?!!

Boolit Master

And the GMO bugs poisoned it???!!!

Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    That's what he said. The creatures are sent to the school on base. I know that this is the second year for them. In the instructions there are strict warnings about not letting the bugs get away or to turn them loose. The eggs look like tiny pieces of pepper, and we embed them on to a ball of processed cotton. After they hatch and get some size the larvae are put into a clear plastic shoe box with a lid and fed with some kind of a meal. We then transfer them to small plastic vials that have a piece of paper towel that is wetted a bit to keep them from dehydrating. The next step is to see the larvae form a cocoon. When they hatch they sorta look like stink bugs but are black and red. It's a lot of work for kids that don't really care, and even more so for bugs that one is just going to freeze to death.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

thats just another environmental disaster waiting to happen. instructions to make sure they dont get loose, well that already failed.

Boolit Master
    Not from our house........
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    This is crazy! What entity creates the largest and most numerous environmental disasters?

THE GOVERNMENT!

And this is a doozy looking for a place to happen. First off nobody should be working with such a creature, period. Second you don’t entrust the kiddies to dispose of them!

This would be so like the left to dream up such a stupid way to sand bag the science of genetic modification by creating a true “man made disaster” to throw the whole industry under the bus so as to facilitate their own political ends.

Disgusting!

Three44s

Boolit Master
    The kiddies aren't entrusted to dispose of them, the teachers are.......You gotta pay attention to what was posted..
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Moderator Emeritus

Think he did. Government created a mutated beetle that has no practical reason to exist except to destroy cotton. Not only that, they place this creation in an environment with very lax protocols. Here, destroy this dangerous creation by putting it in the freezer. Everybody is on the honor system on this. So no giving it to a pet spider, putting it in a freezer that if power goes out may not kill them all without the person realizing, some escape in an uncontrolled environment (a kids classroom), a larvae escapes onto a piece of kids clothing, etc. Think I saw the large version of this picture called Jurassic Park. Your wife may be the most meticulous person adhering to all the protocols but what about the others?

Boolit Master
    Maybe thee Government will send the eggs to Egypt or somewhere so we will have the only cotton crop in the world. Tinfoil hat time!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

the plot thickens.... Where is Malcom ?

I LIKE IKE

Who says the educators in our education system being the all seeing all powerful beings they are have a lick of common sense. This fits right in with my lifelong contempt for the highly extremely educated running anything. Sometimes you wonder if a lot of these educational types have enough common sense to get through the day and then they go on pass it on to the kids, priceless. The idiot that dream this little science project up Ought to be tossed in the slammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    The kiddies aren't entrusted to dispose of them, the teachers are.......You gotta pay attention to what was posted..
    something like this probably shouldnt exist to start with, much less in a school, however they sure as heck shouldnt leave the building, ie destroy them where they are, dont drag em all over tarnation.

Boolit Master
    I thought so, too, but She has to follow protocol.

Of course, I have always thought it was a stupid plan never to fail anyone either, no matter how terrible they were. Or ARE. My youngest son failed 2nd grade some years ago, but graduated in the top 10 of his class when he did. Then on to The University of Alabama where he did extremely well, got his degree and went to work in a paper mill for $20 an hour to start because there were no business openings that were even close to what he could make there....But my wife can't fail anyone without a ream pf papers and several staff meetings, including the parents. If they say no, it's all a moot point.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    When you take them out of the freezer, I would put them in a jar for a couple days in a warm place, to see if any survived the cold. It supposedly take 2-3 weeks of minus 30 to kill the pine beetles up here. You wouldn't want to be responsible for those getting loose.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I wonder if RAID will kill them?

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast