RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Interactive load date sheet

Interactive load date sheet

Does someone use an interactive load data for recording loads, and print them out? I have been using Lyman 'Reloaders Data Logs, and I am just looking for something else.

Thanks

Yes I use a database to enter my reloading information and print out labels to affix to the cartridge boxes. It is very handy, I have all my bullets I cast, all the primers I use, all the powders I use in lookup tables so I just click the box and up pops a list of all the possible selections. I wouldn't consider doing it any other way.

There is a current thread on this board where a fellow lost all of his load data that he had stored electronically. The feedback in the thread leads me to believe that quite a few folks use paper and pencil and are leery of trying to record and store their information electronically. Certainly one needs to be cautious about how they store and backup their data.

My database is just something I threw together in a Macintosh program called Filemaker. There is a commercial Windows base product that I have purchased and tried out https://www.tmtpages.com. I was curious how it worked, as I like Access databases generally speaking. It seemed to be a quality program, but I dislike PC's and Windows so I never really gave it a good shaking out.

To me the biggest advantage of using a database is that it is super easy to go back through hundreds of loads and search for those with a certain bullet, or a certain powder. I also have a data field for favorite loads - so I can quickly search by caliber and favorites.

Another important advantage to me is that I print my load data out on 2"x4" adhesive labels. I never finish a loading session without printing the label and affixing it to the box of loaded ammo. So even if I don't shoot them in a year or two, I won't have to guess about the load particulars.

Here is an example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	229753

The commercial software I mentioned above has different modules you can purchase for it, to record your bullet molds, your firearm collections, etc. I already have my database configured to do those things, but if you aren't very experienced fooling with databases it might be of interest.

Good luck on your search for a solution. I just wanted to respond to your question with a positive reply.

Harold