Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking Landowner Permission for Hunting?

Boolit Master

What I do and have done for many years is just go to the door and ask.
    If they agree, I fill out a form listing the boundaries of the property, the type of hunting I will be doing, his or her address along with an exemption from liability if I am injured that is good for one year. He signs it and gets a copy, I keep the original to show game warden if asked.
    Around Christmas I send a card or small gift in appreciation.
    Then ask for a renew in the spring or summer.

You can have your local print shop print up permission to hunt forms with anything you want on it that will make a copy for a decent price.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

In Remembrance

Reminds me of an incident quite a few years back to a farmer neighbor of mine. He was picking his corn when he saw a pick up stop by his field and a man unload some dogs and enter his field. He worked down to this man and asked what he thought he was doing? The man replied `You don`t know who I am, do you`. The farmer told him that he didn`t know him and to get off his farm. The next week on a weekly outdoor show here was this `hunting expert` that had been ordered off telling the TV audience hunters to be sure to get permission before going on private land!Robert
    Last edited by Hardcast416taylor; 12-31-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Reminds me of an incident quite a few years back to a farmer neighbor of mine. He was picking his corn when he saw a pick up stop by his field and a man unload some dogs and enter his field. He worked down to this man and asked what he thought he was doing? The man replied `You don`t know who I am, do you`. The farmer told him that he didn`t know him and to get off his farm. The next week on a weekly outdoor show here was this `hunting expert` that had been ordered off telling the TV audience hunters to be sure to get permission before going on private land!Robert
    This is a good one and funny to think of it also,because of who the person end up being.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post

Does anyone here from Michigan remember the show `Michigan - out - of - Doors` with host Mort Neff and Howard Shelly as the `in the field reporter`?Robert

Boolit Master
    On the way to our club a friend regularly has breakfast at a nearby cafe .today cafe owner says a guy there wants a word ? Guy comes over to him ,do you know anyone who could help him out on his farm ?apparently he needs some one to control the Fox's that are taking his lambs ,also overrun with rabbits .result or what!

Boolit Bub
    As a landowner, I think it would be nice if someone simply asked. We had issues in the past of going to the hunting spot on opening day to find someone else occupying our treestands! I've had people get angry with me for walking through "their lanes" and had to advise them that if they asked to hunt the land, then I would know they were there, but they didn't. I've never had someone get angry after that. Never had to tell someone to beat feet either.

Moderator Emeritus

I just bought my place two years ago and have 81 acres. The place was bank owned for about a year and a half and former owner was a hunter. I put up no Tresspassing signs and even put one on the steps up to a nice tree stand near my house. Went to it one day and the sign was torn down and stand was used. Put another up with "smile" written on it. Haven't had a problem since. Some folks think they can do what they want. Be careful when you find em on your property.

Boolit Buddy
    Yall are reminding me to buy some “no trespassing/no hunting” signs. Not at all that Im an anti, just that my land is a venerable wildlife highway, to tempting for some. Plus its just not a safe place to shoot. Now you want to go 200 yards down and hunt on state land, thats your business, just be mindful of your shots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12