Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you celebrate Halloween?

Do you celebrate Halloween?

Do you celebrate Halloween? Why or why not?

Me: I’ve never participated, for various reasons. This isn’t meant to be s war about right/wrong/other...I’m simply curious, and thought it might be a fun topic of discussion.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    I haven't had any kids at my house here in Phenix City for maybe five years, and the one who came then was the neighbors kid from across the street. In Eufaula I haven't had any in fifteen years. I used to buy a bag of those small fat Tootsie rolls, knowing no one was coming, but I stuffed my hunting jacket pockets with them. Tonight I put what we had into a plastic bag and took it across the street to the little kid.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    I think it is a fun thing for kids. Older teens and adults should find something a little more mature to do.
    The fruit cakes that object based on some religious grounds probably need to get a life and let others live theirs without your input.
    EDG

Boolit Master

No Celebration, but we leave the porch light on and buy a bag of candy for the few kids that still come by.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    No no no

Boolit Grand Master

Do you celebrate Halloween?

I hate Halloween. Never liked it as a kid and don’t like it now. Adults that are really into it are perplexing to me. It’s for kids, not adults. I did take my kids out last night. The older one had fun. The other is to young and I took him back home after a few houses. It is great to see your kids dressed in costume and happy. But I still don’t like the holiday.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 11-01-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Boolit Master

Who in their right mind would want to?
    Who would want to celebrate the undead?
    Why would you give the devil a day of recognition?
    Seem like a way to scare little kids and distract from God.
    No, not in my house or my family.
    Just another sickness that has taken hold in America.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes I do, 365 days a year ! I eat as much sugar as I can get my hands on, preferably Hershey's Chocolate (Chocoholic, thankyouverymuch) On Oct. 31 I hide downstairs in the reloading room and let my sister and her husband hand out the candy, but I really enjoy seeing all the kids dressed up and having fun.

No!

Boolit Master
    35 years on this street and only 2 kids,but the neighbors know my wife is disable so we never were bothered when there were kids in the neighborhood. I do get a kick out of the kids getting dressed up,I wish I had a picture of a friend's son dressed as the Lone Ranger looked very good.

As far as I know halloween is not a gateway drug to devil worship. That said, I enjoyed it as a child because we got homemade caramel popcorn, fudge ,all that kind of stuff. As a teenager we ran wild on Halloween night throwing eggs and water balloons at the County Deputies- they enjoyed it as much as we did lol. But now we are remote on the farm so no little ghouls and goblins show up. I did eat a King Size Hershey bar last night, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Loved it as a kid. Just as TBG, the teenage years were more the trick part. Later, enjoyed the kids coming by and seeing the costumes and watching their faces light up when you plunked some candy in their bags. Always went overboard on the candy, but got that from my Grandfather as he gave out only hershey bars and not the tiny bulk bag kind.
    I am a big/tall guy and where I used to live, I had a hallway to the front door about 15' long. Kept it dark, but backlit just a bit, so the kids could see my outline somewhat. Had a few run away screaming about the "monster" coming to the door. Course, that was after they were at the neighbors who had a kind of "haunted house" and you could hear the screams of the kids up and down the block (we had fun on that block)
    Since I move out to the country, havn't had any kids here for 27 years. Miss that part.
    Last edited by rockrat; 11-01-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Super Moderator

We usually get a lot of kids in our neighborhood, and most years we hand out some candy. We didn't participate last night though, both of us were just too tired. I think it's fun watching the littler kids in their costumes. It gets really old though when the older kids are still ringing the doorbell at 9-10 pm. We both have to be at work early.

Moderator Emeritus

I like it. Loved seeing my kids dress up and enjoy themselves and the group of families we would have going around. Now I don't have any kids much less neighbors trick or treating near me. Closest neighbor is a farm 1/4 away.

Boolit Master
    Who says it for kids and not adults? It all about fun, not devil worship or any of that nonsense. Some of you guys need to relax a bit and just enjoy the small things. Sheesh.
    Dennis Eugene "You know why no one panic buys 30-06? Because people who shoot 30-06 don't panic"

Boolit Buddy

Love it. Always have, always will. Good clean fun and there's candy ! It also helps that it is my birthday. And my mother in laws as well. Go figure.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not sure if "celebrate" accurately describes it but we participate. We live in a decent neighborhood and get lots of kids. Several smaller towns around us and several local churches bring their kids out. The Wife buys a few large bags of candy and we sit on the porch, saving wear and tear on the doorbell.

I don't associate it with evil or the devil, just as a fun time for the kids.

I love Halloween, not for the trick or treating, but for the imaginative costumes, decorations, and Halloween get togethers.
    The time of year I can let the kid in me out to play
    Yes I believe in God, don't worship the evil one.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've not had a trick or treater in 32 years of living here. Off the beaten path, and people are already scared to come here in the daylight, let alone after dark!
    Years ago, we adults would costume up, and head for the saloons. Saw some great imaginative ideas. One friend didn't know what to put on the last minute, so got a sheet and a pillow case, going as an Arab sheik. When we got to where we were going, we saw at least 20 other people dressed the same as he was. It looked like an Arab oil cartel meeting!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    We did when we were kids - a looooooooong time ago! For forty plus years, we lived out in the country and got very few kids except for maybe a couple of neighbor's kids - we always had something on hand to hand out when they came to the door. We're in a 55 + community in AZ during this time of year so we have never had any kids show up.

I'm with some of the others - as far as I'm concerned, it's a harmless day for the kids - if you don't like it, then don't participate in it - that's your choice - but don't push your values on someone else. Way too much of that goes on and I'm sick of it like so many others. What does bother me is the stories that always come out of kids getting apples with razor blades in them, meth laced candy, etc. The wackos who do that type of thing need to be tossed in a locked cage and the key thrown away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast